• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSXA Can't resample

Messages
28
Country
newzealand
When I try and resample my scenery the resample screen goes of right away and If I try my other INF I only get a 2Kb file that has 1 strip of pixels. Can anyone see anything wrong with my INF file.

[Source]
Type = MultiSource
NumberOfSources = 4

[Source1]
Type = BMP
Layer = Imagery
SourceDir = "."
SourceFile = "Alex.bmp"
ulyMap = -45.231979
ulxMap = 169.385829
xDim = 2.77148858123161E-05
yDim = 2.23861289173764E-05
Variation =Day
Channel_BlendMask =3.0
Channel_LandWaterMask = 4.0

[Source2]
Type = BMP
Layer = Imagery
SourceDir = "."
SourceFile = "AlexLM.bmp"
ulyMap = -45.231979
ulxMap = 169.385829
xDim = 2.77148858123161E-05
yDim = 2.23861289173764E-05
Variation = Night
Channel_BlendMask = 3.0
Channel_LandWaterMask = 4.0

[Source3]
Type = TIFF
Layer = None
SourceDir = "."
SourceFile = "AlexB.tif"
ulyMap = -45.231979
ulxMap = 169.385829
xDim = 2.77148858123161E-05
yDim = 2.23861289173764E-05
SamplingMethod = Gaussian

[Source4]
Type = TIFF
Layer = None
SourceDir = "."
SourceFile = "AlexW.tif"
ulyMap = -45.231979
ulxMap = 169.385829
xDim = 2.77148858123161E-05
yDim = 2.23861289173764E-05
SamplingMethod = Gaussian

[Destination]
DestDir = "."
DestBaseFileName = "Alexphoto"
DestFileType = BGL
LOD = Auto
UseSourceDimensions = 1
CompressionQuality = 100


Cheers
Kade
 
Last edited:
Hi Kade,

Can't see anything wrong with the syntax of the inf file.

A couple of things:

First ... perhaps make a small batch file to run the compile
(copy bglcomp.exe to your directory, and create the batch as follows:

bglcomp.exe "{inf filename and path goes here]"
pause

This will enable you to read the error messages you are getting.

The most likely thing is that one of the files is missing or mis-named.
 
Thanks for that. I fixed the problem by rewriting the file. But it didn't fit like it should(and it was transparent but thats another problem)

2-28.jpg


so I changed the yDim and xDim values using the formular you gave me the link to and that gave me,

xDim = -1.8650454302512025654730090860502e-5
yDim = -1.7648068669527896995708154506438e-5

But that wouldn't resample so I got ride of the - signs which gave me this,

xDim = 1.8650454302512025654730090860502e-5
yDim = 1.7648068669527896995708154506438e-5

1-40.jpg


Which still isn't right. The coordinates are

North = 45.231979
South = 45.266874
East = 169.385829
West =169.402277

Width = 933
height = 1872

What am I doing wrong?

Cheers
Kade
 
Using your numbers, I get

ydim = 1.864049145299145e-5
xdim = 1.762915326902465e-5

Are you confusing your width and height?
 
I didn't think I was cause the first time I relised I was so I redid it. I will see if you numbers work.

Edit: Itryed your numbers but I am still out of place by 100 odd meters and unsure how to fix it.

Cheers
 
Last edited:
Out of place suggests a difference between your source imagery and FSX .. which is not that uncommon.

If you download TcalcX002 from FSDeveloper, you can get decimal degrees and translate the entire photoreal in the direction you need to.

I tend to find a reference point, (get the LON and Lat) then move to where that should be and subtract the lon and lat to get at offset. Apply that to your Upper left coordinates.

The xdim and ydim remain unchanged
 
Back
Top