FS2004 CAT - Conditional Animation Tool (New?)

A

Aviasim

Hi, this is really a message and request for Arno,

Arno, I have followed your video tutorial on CAT, it seems the prog has changed since then, more options on the first screen etc... basically I have a normal gate (NOT a jetway)... My plan is to get this gate to open when I am within 50 meters and NAV2 Frequency set to 112.00... I have done (i think) correct in CAT - however, the gate doesnt move at all, using the same MDL I can get the gate to open when I am within 50 meters, but it does not reverse close, besided, I'ld really like to control when it opens and closes (reverse animation) with that NAV2 frequency inside the distance.. Here are some screenshots of CAT:

Welcome

That is the exact process I took to try and accomplish what I wanted, so from that, you would be expecting to see a gate that opens when the user is within 50 meters of the gate with NAV2 turned to 112.00 wouldn't you? Well, nope, for some reason, this gate doesnt even move!

Please, this CAT appears to have new interface, please new tutorial Mr. Arno!!

A

Aviasim

Fixed it, working good now, just that for some reason this gate is now upside down and opens/rotates on a Z axis... this is not the case in GMax though. In GMax the gate is the rite way up ofcourse and opens/rotates on the Y axis...strange! However, the animation triggers now work thanks to these threads:

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75366
http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98690

All the best, and I have just learnt something new again in scenery design; animations! :D:eek::rolleyes:

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

Does your object has transparency? That is often the reason for inverted animated objects.

A

Aviasim

Not fixed, this is just crazy

I make a perfect animation on my gates only, these should open upwards... but in FS, i get other objects rotating with it, but shouldnt be, such as the little fences either side of my gate, I applied no animation to these, just the gates.

What's the issue there?
From GMax, how can I make it to give me the ASM and _0.ASM files? because now when I export it only gives me a .MDL file which I have to run through MCX, which MCX seems to be messing everything up with the model and animation and also adding animations to objects which shouldnt have an animation.

When I export, MakeMDL doesnt stay open so I can not check the box to save the ASM and _0.ASM files... is there something I should do? so complicated I been up all night and morning and afternoon on this

A

Aviasim

Hi,

Does your object has transparency? That is often the reason for inverted animated objects.
Nope, no transparency at all... I personally think it is MCX that is screwing up my model and animation but I have to run through MCX to get the ASM and _0.ASM files... see above post

A

Aviasim

Thanks Arno,

I was sure I had to make this file as I done it before but completely forgot as I switched over to Max 9

Thankyou for refreshing my memory!