P3D v4 Change a modell

Hello!
Is it anyway that you can change something on a 3:d party aircraft addon?
For exempel, say that I want to add a big camera to the mode of a aircraft, is that possible in anyway? I’ll guess that you need the files from the developers?

hairyspin

Resource contributor
If you're doing this only for yourself I'd say feel free; camera positions are specified in aircraft.cfg and detailed in the SDK. Doing this for others, all you can do without permission of the developer(s) is post online what you've done and how to do it.

Keep a backup of the original aircraft.cfg, whatever you do.

If you're doing this only for yourself I'd say feel free; camera positions are specified in aircraft.cfg and detailed in the SDK. Doing this for others, all you can do without permission of the developer(s) is post online what you've done and how to do it.

Keep a backup of the original aircraft.cfg, whatever you do.
Sorry, i was not clear enough, I menar to model a object to put it on the aircraft

You can buy mesh models online at places like TurboSquid.com, etc. Be careful though. Some are stolen. :( Some amazing work there though and some are not so bad in price. Then you would have your own model.

Are you looking to add a camera to a 'stock' flight simulator plane or helo?

Be... careful. I don't trust this site because they make money with our freeware... just my :twocents:
Not trying to steer this too far off topic, but don't they only upload stuff that they get permission for? They've contacted me on a couple of occasions and I've granted them permission just due to the fact that they even asked (some don't and it's frustrating). I'm not making money on freeware, but if they want to get donations to keep the site running, unless I'm missing something, it seems reasonable.

I've often wondered why MSFS never had the ability to attach secondary models; MSTS did, and it proved immensely useful for per-unit customization. With scripting, you can do it in TS20xx, too.