• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX Clouds

Messages
5,214
Hi,

As I want to have things perfect (well, almost perfect), I have the following problem with photoreal scenery:
As a matter of fact, sometimes the terrain image ( be it GE, BM, VE or whatever) is obscured by low hanging clouds. Sure, I could try and polish them away but a better idea would be to keep them and make them 3D!
But how would you go about that? I do not know how to open a .cld extension and when I would, how to put it in the scenery.
Has anyone yet thought of this and/or come up with a solution?
To show you what I mean, I enclose a screenshot. Wouldn't it be gorgeous if those clouds would become 3D?

Roby
 

Attachments

  • Clouds.jpg
    Clouds.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 507
Hi,

Once in a while you come up with an idea. So I will answer my own question:
use a cloud effect, an .fx file, to make them. The only problem is that you have to make the effect yourself as it does not exist.
Here is a screenshot of my first try. Compare it to the first screenshot.
 

Attachments

  • cloud1.jpg
    cloud1.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 568
Back
Top