• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Coast exclusion

bpahe

Resource contributor
Country
sweden
Hi there!

I´ve run into a problem I cannot figure - when creating an exclusion rectangle with SBuilder, including Roads (L.6), Railroads (L.5) and Coastlines (L.8), all default roads & railroads disappear, like they should. Also the default coast disappears, but also my own coastline! Replace/coexist is set to replace.

My own coastline is laid on Layer 8, and has the Line drawingorder 58 (of 58). The exclusion has Polygon drawingorder 1 (of 81).
Exclude name is Skaane_OEX.BGL, the coastline name is Skaane_KUST_VTPL.BGL. Both files are located in the Scenery-subfolder.

I´ve tried changing the drawingorder, but to no avail... so here comes that smiley again! :banghead:

/hans

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
Hi Hans.

I've found similar oddities with the default settings in SBuilder. Why not go to Luis' forum, and ask him for a solution... or just make a separate exclusion BGL for your project?

Name it like aaEx_MyExclusion.bgl so it is executed before your scenery... as the execution order for terrain BGLs is alpha-numeric within the same scenery folder.

Dick

bpahe

Resource contributor
Country
sweden
Hi!

Thanks for the tip! The exclusion is created in a separate Sbuilder project, mainly because I like to keep different polygons separated. I renamed the exported file as you told me, and it seems to work! Still, I have posted the same question in the PTsim-forums, so that Luis gets to know about it (even though he´s "here" sometimes!).
Another issue, not related to this question, is the difficulties that I have with selecting and manipulating several lines simultaniously. I can use the Find function and identify/select an entire highway, but changes still only apply to the section on which I "right-click"...

/hans

Luis_Sá

Resource contributor
Country
portugal
bpahe said:
Hi!

.... so that Luis gets to know about it (even though he´s "here" sometimes!).
Another issue, not related to this question, is the difficulties that I have with selecting and manipulating several lines simultaniously. I can use the Find function and identify/select an entire highway, but changes still only apply to the section on which I "right-click"...

/hans

Hello Hans,

I am "here" today :) and I really hope that you already can change several lines simultaneously. In the case that someone reads this, I would like to emphasize that for "simultaneous" changes you need to be in Line Mode or in Poly Mode. Another useful tip is the following. Say that you have a lot roads and rivers in your project. Say that you are not using labels (names) for the roads. And that your aim is to change the width of all roads. The tip is to select by TYPE. If you export the project as a text SBX file you can see how the TYPE of a line is built. I normally use the Find by Type with a search key like: VTP//1234// or, for polygons, LWM//Flatten//.

Regards, Luis

Country
us-southcarolina
Good to see you around Luis.......I just registered your product and am quickly learning to love it.

bpahe

Resource contributor
Country
sweden
Luis!

I missed you´re "here today", but as I know you´re reading this sooner or later... Yup, I´ve learned how to work with multiple objects. In fact, right now I must actually say that I have no questions, I´m by now quite familiar with most of the functions. Importing GIS-data and working with large areas, as well as adding photo-textures to smaller areas and redefining the world around it, boy, it´s a breeze! :)

/hans