• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Compile Error

Country
us-california
This is the message I get when I try to compile KSBA for P3DV4.3. I imported the existing airport and made my changes. It's not perfect but alot better than the original. This is my first atempt so I am sure it is something I am doing wrong. Any help would be appreciated. i have attached the ad4 file.
Thanks
Tony Megowan

Parsing document: P:\Airport Design Editor 175\!AdeTempWorkOnly\KSBA_ADEP4_TA.xml

INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2593:
**** DUPLICATE VOR/ILS ****
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2032: XML Parse Error! Element tree follows:

ERROR: <FSData
ERROR: version = 9.0
ERROR: >
ERROR: <Airport
ERROR: country = United States
ERROR: state = California
ERROR: city = Santa Barbara
ERROR: name = Santa Barbara Mun
ERROR: lat = 34.4262110441923
ERROR: lon = -119.840372353792
ERROR: alt = 10.0F
ERROR: magvar = -14.2999877929688
ERROR: trafficScalar = 0.7
ERROR: airportTestRadius = 16404.2F
ERROR: ident = KSBA
ERROR: <Runway
ERROR: lat = 34.427725802719
ERROR: lon = -119.844363316363
ERROR: surface = ASPHALT
ERROR: transparent = FALSE
ERROR: heading = 88.5500030517578
ERROR: length = 6082.0F
ERROR: width = 150.0F
ERROR: number = 07
ERROR: designator = NONE
ERROR: patternAltitude = 1000.0F
ERROR: primaryTakeoff = YES
ERROR: primaryLanding = YES
ERROR: primaryPattern = RIGHT
ERROR: secondaryTakeoff = YES
ERROR: secondaryLanding = YES
ERROR: secondaryPattern = LEFT
ERROR: <Ils
ERROR: lat = 34.4280118122697
ERROR: lon = -119.829897433519
ERROR: heading = 88.5500030517578
ERROR: frequency = 110.300
ERROR: end = PRIMARY
ERROR: range = 27.01N
ERROR: ident = ISBA
ERROR: width = 6
ERROR: name = ILS/DME 07
ERROR: backCourse = TRUE
ERROR:
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2024: Failed to process closing element tag <Ils> near line 177!
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2607: Compilation errors detected, compilation failed!

Parse complete!

Attachments

• KSBA_ADEP4_TA.ad4
    57.9 KB · Views: 198

GHD

Country
england
You have a duplicare ILS.on Rwy 07.

Run the ADE fault finder to identify the other faults.

Country
us-california
I went through and fixed all of the errors and it still shows the duplicate ILS (I think it is the Orphaned one). I can see the orphaned ILS and the runway for it to the north. The Fault Finder shows no errors. Here is the error message I am getting:

Compiler Errors Found. These were not identified by the Issue Manager. Please let us know
what the compiler error is so that we can improve the Issue Manager.
The compiler message is shown below
ScruffyDuck Scenery Design Engine Compiling
Using BglComp....

Parsing document: P:\Airport Design Editor 175\!AdeTempWorkOnly\KSBA_ADEP4_TA.xml
WARNING: #C1102 KSBA 5000 RUNWAY 5000 Airport (KSBA) has object (RUNWAY) that is 5000 meters from the ARP with a test threshold of 5000 meters! XML line: 264.
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2593:
**** DUPLICATE VOR/ILS ****
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2032: XML Parse Error! Element tree follows:
ERROR: <FSData
ERROR: version = 9.0
ERROR: <Airport
ERROR: country = United States
ERROR: state = California
ERROR: city = Santa Barbara
ERROR: name = Santa Barbara Mun
ERROR: lat = 34.4262110441923
ERROR: trafficScalar = 0.7
ERROR: airportTestRadius = 16404.2F
ERROR: ident = KSBA
ERROR: <Runway
ERROR: lat = 34.4712074234157
ERROR: surface = WATER
ERROR: transparent = FALSE
ERROR: heading = 90
ERROR: length = 4.0F
ERROR: width = 4.0F
ERROR: number = NORTHEAST
ERROR: designator = W
ERROR: patternAltitude = 0.0F
ERROR: primaryTakeoff = NO
ERROR: primaryLanding = NO
ERROR: primaryPattern = LEFT
ERROR: secondaryTakeoff = NO
ERROR: secondaryLanding = NO
ERROR: secondaryPattern = LEFT
ERROR: <Ils
ERROR: lat = 34.4712074234157
ERROR: heading = 90
ERROR: frequency = 108.000
ERROR: end = PRIMARY
ERROR: range = 0.0N
ERROR: magvar = -14
ERROR: ident = ISBA
ERROR: width = 0
ERROR: name = DO NOT USE
ERROR: backCourse = FALSE
ERROR:
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2024: Failed to process closing element tag <Ils> near line 302!
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2607: Compilation errors detected, compilation failed!

Parse complete!

Attachments

• KSBA_ADEP4_TA.ad4
    62.9 KB · Views: 186
Country
us-california
I wonder if you could use the Bgl2Xml GUI to make an xml file of the airport, remove the ILS, and then import the XML into ADE 1.76 (minus the ILS) and use that as a basis for the new KSBA? Even if I just import the airport (I tried Open Stock Airport, Open from BGL , and Open from XML) and then try to compile it (it is APX19160.bgl under P:\Prepare3DV4\Scenery\0202) I get the same error. It almost seems there are two ILS's for RWY 07, one at the airport and one god only knows where.

F70

Country
netherlands
If you have the "ProKey" then you can remove the duplicate ILS,in "Tools > Raw Data View" this duplicate is now on the top of the red circle.
I have removed the duplicate ILS and make a KSBA.xml,maybe you can import the xml in ADEX and look what going on.
Change the txt to xml.

Jan

Attachments

• KSBA.txt
    231.3 KB · Views: 282
Last edited:
Country
us-california
Jan
That worked perfectly. I was able to import and compile the airport. I can't thank you enough. I am going to order ProKey now.
I was a controller at KSBA for 17 1/2 years and the payware one that is out has the jetways in the wrong place. This may not be perfect but it is definitely better than the stock airport.
Thanks Again
Tony

Country
us-arkansas
tmegowan,

This airport is very nice. If you're set on making your own, I might be interested in donating a photoreal ground scenery for your KSBA project. I can also include a .png and coordinates of the photoreal that you can load into ADE as an image, so that you can accurately layer your runways, taxiways, and assets onto it. If you use Orbx, I can color match it as well.

Let me know if this is something you would like.

Country
us-california
tmegowan,

This airport is very nice. If you're set on making your own, I might be interested in donating a photoreal ground scenery for your KSBA project. I can also include a .png and coordinates of the photoreal that you can load into ADE as an image, so that you can accurately layer your runways, taxiways, and assets onto it. If you use Orbx, I can color match it as well.

Let me know if this is something you would like.
Jack
Good Morning Sir. That would be great. I can do it for both with and without Orbx
Thanks
Tony

Country
us-arkansas
Apologies for not responding for a few days. I just finished a scenery I was working on, so I'll begin work on the photoreal for this airport. I should have something for you soon, and I'll upload it here once I'm done.

Country
us-arkansas
I've pulled the satellite imagery, and I'm currently working on blending the edges and adding water to it. In the meantime, use this scaled image to put your buildings, runways, and other assets where they need to be. In ADE, open your airport, and right click and add image. Load this image file. It will most likely give you an error letting you know the file may be too large. However, it will work if you click ok, and you will be able to enter the coordinates.

Download...

KSBA_Scaled

The coordinates are...

Top Left 34.4408935713912
Bottom Left 34.413707544571
Top Right -119.864959716797
Bottom Right -119.822387695313

Copy and paste these coordinates in the appropriate boxes. Click ok, and the image should load as the bottom layer. Make sure you you lock the image, so that you do not risk moving it. If you move it, you'll need to undo or reload it. You can leave this image in your file. It does not compile with your scenery, so there's no need to remove it before you compile your airport. It's a direct copy of the image I am using for the photoreal BGL, other than being scaled down for use in ADE. I'll be colormatching it for summer, so if you add any trees, make sure you use the summer type (in the library, they won't have a _sp, _fa, _wi, _hw, after the tree's title).

Last edited:
Country
us-arkansas
I just finished the KSBA photoreal scenery. This is a screenshot of the before and after. If you aligned everything to the image I sent earlier, everything should align properly when you load this scenery. You can make things easy by putting your ADE files in the scenery folder before you load the scenery, that way everything loads together.

KSBAPhotoreal02.png

KSBAPhotoreal03.png

Note that I am using Orbx Global, Vector, HD Trees, North America, and California scenery. If you also use this scenery, then the airport should align to this photoreal.

I will be posting the download on my website here. Look for it at the bottom of the page and click the image. The download should start in a new window.

@tmegowan, I hope this helps you out on your airport project :D

Last edited: