• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Conditional appearance of objects

Messages
30
Country
greece
Hello everybody...

I 've created some cones, in Gmax, in order to position them in frond of engines and other areas around a parked aircraft.
I would like them to be shown when the aircraft is inserted in a specific area (box) and when parking brakes set.
So, I 've tryed that:
OBJECT_0_START label word
IFIN1 OBJECT_0_FAIL, image_complex, 2, 32767
IFMSK lbl_end, usrvr5, 1
ADDOBJ OBJECT_0_SCALE
SHADOW_CALL OBJECT_0_SCALE
lbl_end label word

...with that it is possible to see the cones when parking brakes are set, but while trying to add a piece of code that will trigger the area in which the aircraft should be first, I tryed something like this:
OBJECT_0_START label word
IFIN1 OBJECT_0_FAIL, image_complex, 2, 32767
IFINBOXP lbl_end, -10, 10, -10, 10, 0, 50
IFMSK lbl_end, usrvr5, 1
ADDOBJ OBJECT_0_SCALE
SHADOW_CALL OBJECT_0_SCALE
lbl_end label word

...us a result... nothing was showing up... I think IFINBOXP command is just for animation... or even for that... and if yes, id there any idea?...
 
Last edited:
Hi,

The IFINBOXP should work, but remember that FS has the axes as XZY, so I would try it like this:

Code:
OBJECT_0_START label word
IFIN1 OBJECT_0_FAIL, image_complex, 2, 32767
IFINBOXP lbl_end, -10, 10, 0, 50, -10, 10
IFMSK lbl_end, usrvr5, 1
ADDOBJ OBJECT_0_SCALE
SHADOW_CALL OBJECT_0_SCALE
lbl_end label word

Also, don't forget the that IFINBOXP command does not rotate with the heading you give to your object. It will always be facing north.
 
Hi, again...

Arno thank you for the quick reply, but unfortunately, even when I changed the values with the correct order it does not work... I also tried to compile it only with the IFINBOXP command, but without any success into FS...:( any other suggestion?..
 
So... the solution,atleast what I found so far, is to compile it with FS2004 SDK... if somebody wants to try it, here is my example... I also added a type of AC variable... have fun folks!

; NonAlpha
Traffic_cones_NonAlpha label BGLCODE
IFINBOXP lbl_end, -10, 10, 0, 10, -10, 10
IFIN1 lbl_end, usrvr4, 27, 35
IFMSK lbl_end, usrvr5, 1
BGL_CALL_32 Traffic_cones_MasterScale_1 ; Node 1 - MasterScale
lbl_end label word
BGL_END
BGL_RETURN
 
Last edited:
Hi,

What do you mean with compile with FS2004 SDK? For the tweaked ASM files you will be using BGLC_9, which is not part of the SDK, but available here in the community.
 
Back
Top