- Messages
- 2,385
- Country

I guess not many have made man experiments with fx controllers. I did lately, and found a weird issue I think is a bug in FSX:
You know that bug in FSX that prevents fx to show if you approach your airport from more than 50nm away. That's why it's a good idea to use controllers, who then call the fx. This way the effect shows in any case.
Now, if you attach several different controllers for several different fx, I found that those fx "jump" onto other fx in the scene. For example I was attaching a strobe and some red lights to a tower. Now everytime the strobe blinks, the red lights go out for a fraction of a second. Both fx and controllers are independent with independent names, but they seem to interfere with each other.
Another example is even weirder:
Another strobe effect even "jumps" onto small ships (if they have an attachpoint) or the user aircraft!
This doesn't happen always and seems to be pretty much random.
Has anybody had that kind of issues with controllers yet?
You know that bug in FSX that prevents fx to show if you approach your airport from more than 50nm away. That's why it's a good idea to use controllers, who then call the fx. This way the effect shows in any case.
Now, if you attach several different controllers for several different fx, I found that those fx "jump" onto other fx in the scene. For example I was attaching a strobe and some red lights to a tower. Now everytime the strobe blinks, the red lights go out for a fraction of a second. Both fx and controllers are independent with independent names, but they seem to interfere with each other.
Another example is even weirder:
Another strobe effect even "jumps" onto small ships (if they have an attachpoint) or the user aircraft!
This doesn't happen always and seems to be pretty much random.
Has anybody had that kind of issues with controllers yet?