• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Coordinates UTM

Messages
3,278
Country
spain
Anyone know what kind of coordinates are these. UTM 28R AR 904 689
it's said they are UTM I know the fist number (28R) is the "Huso" or region. but imposible to convert those extrange numbers.
they are dated in 1984 I guess "European datum 1954-ED50" was in use.
 
Last edited:
UTM zone 28R appears to cover the Tenerife area. I messed around with Google and those coordinates look like they are MGRS format. I found a converter and came up with this...

map.jpg
 
UTM zone 28R appears to cover the Tenerife area. I messed around with Google and those coordinates look like they are MGRS format. I found a converter and came up with this...

View attachment 16572

i guess it depends on how the numbers are plugged. I converted to an area off south america nw coast first time around. I used a UTM chart although i forgot to zone it first and it is off Africa under zone 28. I think you are correct
 
Last edited:
Bingo N2056, Kevintampa you was getting me lost.:D. anyway thanks a lot to all. I have a few of those coordinates, I will see if iI can find the converter.
I googled enough but was imposible to get a reference even, on the road I learned a little about the UTM coordinates :oThanks again.
Edit: I have found "Earth Point" you can see the point in google earth directly.
These geocoordinates are or was a standard for NATO and is derived from UTM actually. This guys were geologist, so don't know what have to do.
 
Last edited:
Kevintampa I Had the same problem and ended in the middle of the atlantic ocean.
Google earth is great too, and thanks again, I had gave up already.
 

Attachments

  • cueva_conchero.jpg
    cueva_conchero.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 513
Kevintampa I Had the same problem and ended in the middle of the atlantic ocean.
Google earth is great too, and thanks again, I had gave up already.

I did a land nav course from us military some years ago. the format looked familiar but i had none of my training in mind :)
 
Back
Top