• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX create linetopoint problem

Country
china
Hello, When I try to create street light, I set the minimum and maximum distance of 200 meters per light object, but the result is still very dense, no matter I tried 400 and 800, the result is the same, it doesn't change.
Linetopoint|FTYPE="LINE"|SINGLE|200;200|0;0|50|String;type|light|hdg
Please help

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

You should see in the log file that more or less points are being created based on the distance that you enter. Do you see that difference in the log?

When you say it looks the same, I assume you mean in the simulator. So it might also be the problem is later in your script where you make the actual lights.

Country
china
thank you arno, where can I find the log file ?
the script is that:
ImportOGR|bangkok.osm|*|highway|NOREPROJ
SPLITGRID|AGN|*|FROMFILE="bangkok.osm"
Linetopoint|FTYPE="LINE"|SINGLE|200;200|0;0|50|String;type|light|hdg
CreateXMLLibObj|type="light"|{c3538ea8-fec3-4352-ab25-b83ab41dbecf}|hdg|0|0|1|NOAUTOGENSUPPRESSION
ExportBGL|FSX|light|F:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Addon Scenery

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

The script looks OK.

The event log is shown at the bottom of the screen when you run your script.

Country
china
Hi Arno,
I have tested it again, the number of files produced is the same, no matter I set the distance 200,400 or 600, the number of bgl files exported is the same, it doesn't change

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Of course the number of files are the same. Each file covers one cell of the area being processed. You should see that you get smaller or bigger files based on the amount of light points that you make.

Country
china
It made no difference in the file size, even l have tried to set the distance to 50000 and the result is the light objects still very dense as shown in the screenshot

Attachments

• problem.jpg
    problem.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 146

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Could it be you have old versions of the bgl file still active?

And how does the event log look when you vary the distance?

Country
china
I remove the previous bgl files everytime I export the new ones

Attachments

• log.txt
    589 KB · Views: 143

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

I don't think your data is using WGS84 projection. If your OSM file only contains singapore, it should never give 309160 autogen cells. This seems to indicate your data covers around 800 by 800 km of data. Or does your data cover a much larger area? If the units of your input data are different, it might affect the placing of the points as well.

And when you change the distance between the points, do you see the log line from the LineToPoint step changes?

Code:
LineToPoint    Information    Created 74822 point features

Another tip, when placing BGL XML objects, you don't need to use the AGN size grid. If you make the grid a bit bigger, you will get less output files.

Country
italy
I used this same script and i have this error:
14:00 MDLXWriter Error Failed to locate Prepar3Dv2 XtoMDL, please update the path in the options
how can I solve?
And Light.dds i have this texture file, it can be used?

Thanks Giovambattista

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

Let me check, I have changed something recently in the BGL exporter to check if XtoMDL is also there. But scenProc has no option to specify the XtoMDL path indeed, so that is way you get this message now. When the registry paths to the SDK are OK it should work automatically.