Create PAPI 2L using AFLT

Hello Members,

I am bit confused creating PAPI 2L lights using AFLT for my new project. I have tried to use VASI-2 and VASI separately but unable to get one white and one red light in glide slope, while its showing both lights as white or red based on glide slope angles.

I have re-checked, my runway heading and slop deg. are correct in AFLT (1.1.0.1) configuration. I am looking forward for your suggestions.

Take Care ... Anuj.

gadgets

Resource contributor
anuj, AFLT does not have a PAPI2 because I didn't know such a thing existed. If indeed, it is a recognised nav aid, I can add it to a future release.

However, you should be able to create one from two single VASIs - by programming their slopes independently 0.5 degrees apart. (You can't use VASI 2 because both lights have identical slope.) Unfortunately, a quick check of the VASI code indicates I may have inadvertently reversed the orientation. I've fixed that in Development Release 1.1.01(f), just posted to http://stuff4fs.com.

Please give the development release a try.

Don

Hello Don,

Thanks for prompt response.
PAPI2 exists eg. Sunnyside Municipal Airport (1S5), it would be great if you can include it in future release.
Aside I have just installed mentioned development release and will try to create PAPI2 using 02 single VASI lights.

Take Care.. Anuj.

Hello Don,

I have tried to achieve PAPI 2L (APAPI) using 02 VASI lights keeping glide slope 2.45 and 3.15 but unfortunately its not working. I hope I am doing it correctly (ref.pic. below)

Take Care ... Anuj.
APAPI Sitting and Angle of Elevation Settings:

gadgets

Resource contributor
Anuj, all you should have to do is specify the slope of one as 3.25 and the other as 2.75 and, of course, place the models appropriately. Without knowing how its not working, I can't comment further. Please send me your Library Folder.

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Anuj, a little "boo-boo" on my part. The VASI code which I "corrected" in development release 1.1.01(f) was, in fact, correct in the first place. (Your initial difficulties must have been configuration related.) Development Release 1.1.01(g) "uncorrects" it.

As well, this development release includes a PAPI-2 configuration. While you can still create a PAPI-2 using two single VASIs programmed with the correct slopes, you may wish to try the new configuration which, like PAPI-4, requires only the specification of the intended glideslope angle (as well as runway heading, of course). Don't forget to also copy the new types.txt.

Don

Hello Don,
Thanks for your time and efforts. I did not found any PAPI2 mdl file in library but have created one and its working fine using new development release.

Again appreciating your help as always.

Take Care ... Anuj.

Attachments

gadgets

Resource contributor
Glad to hear it's now working as you expect.

I did not found any PAPI2 mdl file in library
That's because I forgot to include the additional models for the BaseModels folder. Sorry about that.

I'll repost the development release.

Don