• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

CREATEAGNRECTVEG creates offset vegetation?

Messages
141
Country
poland
Hi Arno,

I added some autogen in Annotator for an area south of Berlin. Next thing I wanted to to is to have ScenProc convert it to SHP and back to AGN to "batch" change some GUIDs since that is not possible in Annotator (for all I know).

While doing that I discovered a strange problem: All vegetation rectangles are offset, but not the generic buildings, row houses and polyline buildings (see attached screens).

The process of exporting the original AGNs to SHP seems to work fine. The resulting SHP file (sample part of it is attached) doesn't show anything offset.

Code used:
Code:
IMPORTAGN|E:\FS_Design\BBI\Texture|CREATEFEATURES
#
MERGEGRID
#
EXPORTSHP|*|BER_AGN

After that I'm using the same SHP that ScenProc created to create new AGNs - just with a few GUID changes. Code used:

Code:
IMPORTSHP|BER_AGN_0_a.shp|*|NOREPROJ
#
SPLITGRID|AGN|FROMFILE=BER_AGN_0_a.shp
SETAGNBUILDINGHEIGHT|*|1.0;0.5;0.0;0,0
#
CREATEAGNGENBUILD|FTYPE=POLYGON;AGNTYPE=AGNGenericBuilding;GUID=00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000|{00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}
CREATEAGNGENBUILD|FTYPE=POLYGON;AGNTYPE=AGNGenericBuilding;GUID=311de8c7-e596-4e28-a94d-da09d0252ce4|{6089a0bd-ced1-4c47-9a9e-64cdd0e16983}

#Extrusion PolyBldg
CREATEAGNPOLYBUILD|FTYPE=POLYGON;AGNTYPE=AGNGenericBuilding;GUID=99ee3fe6-544f-41fa-a6ce-88c786ece27f;EXTRUSION=0.014828909188509|{99ee3fe6-544f-41fa-a6ce-88c786ece27f}|0.014828909188509|closed
CREATEAGNPOLYBUILD|FTYPE=POLYGON;AGNTYPE=AGNGenericBuilding;GUID=99ee3fe6-544f-41fa-a6ce-88c786ece27f;EXTRUSION=0.00882149860262871|{99ee3fe6-544f-41fa-a6ce-88c786ece27f}|0.00882149860262871|closed
CREATEAGNPOLYBUILD|FTYPE=POLYGON;AGNTYPE=AGNGenericBuilding;GUID=99ee3fe6-544f-41fa-a6ce-88c786ece27f;EXTRUSION=0.00864095985889435|{99ee3fe6-544f-41fa-a6ce-88c786ece27f}|0.00864095985889435|closed
CREATEAGNPOLYBUILD|FTYPE=POLYGON;AGNTYPE=AGNGenericBuilding;GUID=99ee3fe6-544f-41fa-a6ce-88c786ece27f;EXTRUSION=-0.0123928263783455|{99ee3fe6-544f-41fa-a6ce-88c786ece27f}|-0.0123928263783455|closed
CREATEAGNPOLYBUILD|FTYPE=POLYGON;AGNTYPE=AGNGenericBuilding;GUID=99ee3fe6-544f-41fa-a6ce-88c786ece27f;EXTRUSION=0.0124891744926572|{99ee3fe6-544f-41fa-a6ce-88c786ece27f}|0.0124891744926572|closed

CREATEAGNROWHOUSE|FTYPE=POLYGON;AGNTYPE=AGNRowHouse

#Broadleaf
CREATEAGNRECTVEG|FTYPE=POLYGON;AGNTYPE=AGNRectangularVegetation;GUID=1140cda0-78bc-449a-b2be-2147854d8562|{1140cda0-78bc-449a-b2be-2147854d8562}
#Elm 8-15m Young
CREATEAGNRECTVEG|FTYPE=POLYGON;AGNTYPE=AGNRectangularVegetation;GUID=2ce9ea1e-307e-4e20-b04a-dbce7de9157d|{2ce9ea1e-307e-4e20-b04a-dbce7de9157d}
#Larch Thin 9-15m Young
CREATEAGNRECTVEG|FTYPE=POLYGON;AGNTYPE=AGNRectangularVegetation;GUID=3bbd0f03-ebef-41d7-abd6-a075b7d87568|{3bbd0f03-ebef-41d7-abd6-a075b7d87568}
#Norway Spruce 6-11m Young
CREATEAGNRECTVEG|FTYPE=POLYGON;AGNTYPE=AGNRectangularVegetation;GUID=68e6d411-8b3e-467a-85ca-74dd5bee6d96|{68e6d411-8b3e-467a-85ca-74dd5bee6d96}
#Oak 6-18 City -> Oak 6-11m Young
CREATEAGNRECTVEG|FTYPE=POLYGON;AGNTYPE=AGNRectangularVegetation;GUID=7ffdef21-fd5d-44dc-89e4-bee8bbd0a16d|{b366dad3-a8e7-44ae-9bf3-bb1584e01270}
#Poplar 20-28 Mature
CREATEAGNRECTVEG|FTYPE=POLYGON;AGNTYPE=AGNRectangularVegetation;GUID=966b25e1-a19e-4237-b3b3-0062b760d56b|{966b25e1-a19e-4237-b3b3-0062b760d56b}
#Poplar 8-24m City
CREATEAGNRECTVEG|FTYPE=POLYGON;AGNTYPE=AGNRectangularVegetation;GUID=a13525af-db3d-41ee-96d0-708ae3e40182|{a13525af-db3d-41ee-96d0-708ae3e40182}
#Coniferous Forest -> Norway Spruce 6-8m City
CREATEAGNRECTVEG|FTYPE=POLYGON;AGNTYPE=AGNRectangularVegetation;GUID=a4a30975-075c-49ec-87fb-7e0931cb5004|{e34179d0-393d-4fba-b25e-f65e8c0ec8b6}
#Oak 6-11m Young
CREATEAGNRECTVEG|FTYPE=POLYGON;AGNTYPE=AGNRectangularVegetation;GUID=b366dad3-a8e7-44ae-9bf3-bb1584e01270|{b366dad3-a8e7-44ae-9bf3-bb1584e01270}
#Forest City Wet
CREATEAGNRECTVEG|FTYPE=POLYGON;AGNTYPE=AGNRectangularVegetation;GUID=b7c05b80-45e9-4faf-9548-6a3e59c02dd6|{b7c05b80-45e9-4faf-9548-6a3e59c02dd6}
#Mixed Forest -> Forest City Wet
CREATEAGNRECTVEG|FTYPE=POLYGON;AGNTYPE=AGNRectangularVegetation;GUID=c9dc45ae-f240-42a9-a137-b7617452a308|{b7c05b80-45e9-4faf-9548-6a3e59c02dd6}
#Bush Bayberry 2-8ft
CREATEAGNRECTVEG|FTYPE=POLYGON;AGNTYPE=AGNRectangularVegetation;GUID=e0d8e282-1baa-4f85-8abe-9263104c2f6c|{e0d8e282-1baa-4f85-8abe-9263104c2f6c}
#Norway Spruce 6-8m City
CREATEAGNRECTVEG|FTYPE=POLYGON;AGNTYPE=AGNRectangularVegetation;GUID=e34179d0-393d-4fba-b25e-f65e8c0ec8b6|{e34179d0-393d-4fba-b25e-f65e8c0ec8b6}
#Elm 8-18m City -> Elm 8-15m Young
CREATEAGNRECTVEG|FTYPE=POLYGON;AGNTYPE=AGNRectangularVegetation;GUID=ef4f8bc2-ca2c-482c-a4e2-f35d1b248370|{2ce9ea1e-307e-4e20-b04a-dbce7de9157d}
#Larch thin 9-20m City
CREATEAGNRECTVEG|FTYPE=POLYGON;AGNTYPE=AGNRectangularVegetation;GUID=f498c62e-7caa-49f7-971e-f8ca1aa5dfa8|{f498c62e-7caa-49f7-971e-f8ca1aa5dfa8}

WRITEAGNFILES|FSX|E:\FS_Design\BBI\Texture

Unlike most others I'm never using polygonal vegetation for several reasons, that's propably the reason no one has posted about this before?

Bests,
Sascha
 

Attachments

  • Original.png
    Original.png
    415.7 KB · Views: 707
  • Result.png
    Result.png
    417.8 KB · Views: 666
  • Sample.zip
    Sample.zip
    27.9 KB · Views: 383
Hi,

Are you using the latest version? I fixed a similar bug not that long ago.

If this is with the latest version I'll have a look, sounds like a bug somewhere.
 
Hi Arno,

Yes, it's the latest version I was using. Just to make sure I downloaded your latest development release here and tried it again with the sample supplied above. The result is still the same: Vegetation rectangles are offset after converting to AGN.

Bests,
Sascha
 
Ok, I'll have a look what goes wrong.
 
Hi,

Unfortunately not yet. I have been quite busy in the last month. But it is still on the todo list. And for scenProc it is rather high on the list as well.
 
Hi,

I am checking this issue now. I can indeed reproduce the offset effect.

Since you say the shapefile doesn't seem to have the offset, I'll double check the step going from the shapefile back to AGN.
 
Hi,

I have fixed it now, so if you grab the next development release tomorrow it will be OK.

You can see I hardly use the rectangular vegetation myself, that's why I didn't spot this issue earlier.
 
Back
Top