FSX creating/initializing mission with SimConnect

Hi,
I was going to buy the fsx gold pack (deluxe + acceleration), and I need to create (and converse with) a mission without using any fsx interface but SimConnect (or DOS, in worst case).

I've seen a lot of good possible things with SimConnect, and it looks powerful, but I've never seen a creation/initializing feature by command yet.

Conversing with an fsx mission only by using SimConnect's commands is great, but I also need to create the actual basic mission and run/initialize it only with SimConnect's command too.

So this is my question : is SimConnect able to create a mission by using commands ? Or is SimConnect ONLY for data exchange between itself and the fsx mission already created and launched, and we have to create the mission by using the fsx editor in game, and run it through the actual game in the first place before using any SimConnect feature ?

Because if I'm obliged to use the fsx editor in game to create the basic mission (just a map with some planes initialized at some positions), then fly simulator isn't what I'm looking for :/
I need to do all of this by using commands (SimConnect or DOS) with no game interface.

Please tell me it is possible :(

Thanks.

PS : I use the word "mission"because this is the name call ; But what I'm really talking about is more like an initialized scenario. All I want is a map, with X planes positionned at X coordinates. Only then, I will be able to make those planes move according to the SimConnect's commands I send.

PS" : sorry for my bad english.

Bas-tiras@hotmail.fr

Last edited:
Hi,
I was going to buy the fsx gold pack (deluxe + acceleration), and I need to create (and converse with) a mission without using any fsx interface but SimConnect (or DOS, in worst case).

I've seen a lot of good possible things with SimConnect, and it looks powerful, but I've never seen a creation/initializing feature by command yet.

Conversing with an fsx mission only by using SimConnect's commands is great, but I also need to create the actual basic mission and run/initialize it only with SimConnect's command too.

So this is my question : is SimConnect able to create a mission by using commands ? Or is SimConnect ONLY for data exchange between itself and the fsx mission already created and launched, and we have to create the mission by using the fsx editor in game, and run it through the actual game in the first place before using any SimConnect feature ?

Because if I'm obliged to use the fsx editor in game to create the basic mission (just a map with some planes initialized at some positions), then fly simulator isn't what I'm looking for :/
I need to do all of this by using commands (SimConnect or DOS) with no game interface.

Please tell me it is possible :(

Thanks.

PS : I use the word "mission"because this is the name call ; But what I'm really talking about is more like an initialized scenario. All I want is a map, with X planes positionned at X coordinates. Only then, I will be able to make those planes move according to the SimConnect's commands I send.

PS" : sorry for my bad english.

Bas-tiras@hotmail.fr
What? First sentence is NO to my limited knowledge.
I make missions just for myself. as they never seem quite up to snuff to show others. How ever your "question" is in a version of english I do not know.. But to see if this helps.

To make a mission, (ANY basic MISSION) required is just FSX. To add advanced items. you need the Gold Version deluxe + acceleration,

Just make a change in your dll.xml file to show
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Object Placement Tool</Name>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<ManualLoad>True</ManualLoad>
<Path>X:\SteamLib\steamapps\common\FSX\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>

start fsx and click the tools button I think it is on top.

Now to use SimConnect I use FSXME because it is so much easier. and you can make sim recipes for commands you use frequently.

like SimVar IF "$ABSOLUTE TIME" IN number > 0.000 THEN "{1096EE60-193F-49A4-B7E2-5877A2F9070C}"
all that does is see if SimVar is running. I gave up on checking for versions. as it has not changed since my youngest graduated junior high and now is married with 2 kids.

So in short, you must use fsx with our without fsxme or instant mission maker to make a mission, if you want really cool stuff in your mission you need to use, sim var which can not make a mission to my knowledge.

Hi Meows,
Thanks for your reply, and sorry for my bad english. I try my best.

Maybe I didn't understand your answer, but I think you didn't understand my question. The point is : I want to create a mission WITHOUT any FSX mouse-controlled interface.
I want to know if I can use SimConnect commands in order to create a mission without using my mouse with the FSX editor, or FSX Mission Editor (Jim Keir) ; So it would be ONLY by commands, and WITHOUT mouse.

What I'm looking for is a SimConnect comand (function) pretty much like that :
SimConnect_Create_Mission(numberOfActors, actorName1, typeActor1, modelActor1);

And then (I suppose), a function which would initialize all those actors (starting positions/airports, for example), if this initializing process isn't already taked in charge in the previous command (SimConnect_Create_Mission) by giving it some extra initializing variables (starting positions/airports) for example like that :
SimConnect_Create_Mission(ActorsNumber, actorName1, typeActor1, modelActor1, startAirportActor1).

Or even some extra variables which would declare the destination end point of the mission for example like this :
SimConnect_Create_Mission(ActorsNumber, actorName1, typeActor1, modelActor1, startPointAirportActor1, EndPointAirportActor1).

So there it is :
SimConnect_Create_Mission(numberOfActors, actorName1, typeActor1, modelActor1);
SimConnect_Create_Mission(numberOfActors, actorName1, typeActor1, modelActor1, startPointAirportActor1);
SimConnect_Create_Mission(numberOfActors, actorName1, typeActor1, modelActor1, startPointAirportActor1,EndPointAirportActor1);

Are there any kind of expressions which looks like (more or less) those 1 or several 3 expressions I just invented ?
Because that's what I'm looking for.

I need to be able to create a mission, without using any mouse control. Only by commands.
Is it possible ?

Is your "NO" concerning all this ? If yes, then I have my answer. There aren't such commands/funtions like I invented, and I'm in trouble.

PS : I'm going to use FSX-ME (Jim Keir) aswell. I don't know if this info matters for your answer.

PS² : I know that the 3 expressions I just invented are extremly basic/silly and I doubt it really exists as simple as I invented it. But I'm looking for an equal solution. This isn't a matter if the actual "SimConnect_Create_Mission()" funtion is larger than 10 lines, I'm just looking for the mission_creating_function system.

Thanks again for your reply, and sorry again for my english.
Regards,

Bas-tiras@hotmail.fr

Last edited: