• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

demxxxx.bg_ ???

Country
germany
Sorry I do not really know where to post it.

Today I saw some unknown files in my actual FSX default scenery folders. The name was demxxxx.bg_ (like dem0104.bg_ )

I looked in a fresh set of FSX default scenery there those files are named demxxxx.bgl (like dem0104.bgl)

What happened to those files why .bg_ instead of .bgl???

Please can somebody tell me what this is and if I shall put the original ones wit .bgl into the foleders in exchange to the .bg_ files?

Kind Regards Tom

Dem sounds like terrain elevation data.

It is possible that they have been renamed by a third-party scenery installer because they conflict with other files.

Mesh addons would be likely to have done this.

It is unlikely it happened without a purpose.

Dem sounds like terrain elevation data.

It is possible that they have been renamed by a third-party scenery installer because they conflict with other files.

Mesh addons would be likely to have done this.

It is unlikely it happened without a purpose.

Thnx for answering!
I have installed UTX, ORBX and FSX Global. I have not the slightest idea which addon would change the original .bgl?
Does anybody knows a bit more?
Regards Tom

The de-activated files are the default mesh files.

FS Global is addon mesh.

I don't own it yet suspect that your FS Global installer changed those files.

peace,
the Bean

The de-activated files are the default mesh files.

FS Global is addon mesh.

I don't own it yet suspect that your FS Global installer changed those files.

peace,
the Bean

Thnx for your answer.
What I do not understand, why it is changing the default mesh if the FS GLOBAL mesh lies in a higher priority. There should be no need for an altered default mesh, shouldn't it? And what shall I do if I don not want the new mesh for a certain flight and I disable it, thn the original meshdata is mising?!
Regards Tom

Last edited:
Mesh does not respect priority in Scenery Libraey.

If things are working fine, I would suggest leaving the files alone.

Mesh does not respect priority in Scenery Libraey.

If things are working fine, I would suggest leaving the files alone.

Thnx this was a very important message. I thought the priority counts for ALL scenery files.
Regards Tom

For some of the terrain scenery files the engine will show the one with the highest terrain LOD, independent of the priority.

But even then, if an addon provides better mesh it will most likely have a higher LOD, so in that case it would not be necessary to disable the default files.

For some of the terrain scenery files the engine will show the one with the highest terrain LOD, independent of the priority.

But even then, if an addon provides better mesh it will most likely have a higher LOD, so in that case it would not be necessary to disable the default files.

Thnx Arno,
so it is srange that an addon changes the default mesh files. Today I will look on another FSX installation if it was FS Global which is changing the default files.
Regards Tom

ps. just visited THE EYE in Amsterdam - had a great day!

Last edited:
Hi,

I am sure the developer of the addon had a (good) reason to modify the default files on install.

Although personally I think that should only be done after making the user aware of it.

Meanwhile it is clear - it is FS Global 2010 which alters the filenames in the default scenery folders.
It would be very good if an addon developer would tell people what happens to their default set off sceneries by installing their software.
Regards Tom

Back