• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Developers for voluminous project

Country
austria
Hello everyone. I am project leader of a very voluminous add-on for fsx.
This extension contains whole new ground datas, sceneries, animated animals, airplanes, vehicles, missions and soundfiles.

The last weeks we spent several hundred hours to prepare the study and basics for a realisation. We have plans, models, timetables, programs and a lot more. We also learned a few about serious fsx creating and now we are ready for the next step for what we are in need of members for our developement team.

First you will find a technical description of the project. Please not that in reasons of privacy we deleted almost all information about the story and ideas behind the project. When you join the developement team, you will get introduced to all necessary details.

http://oyla.de/userdaten/417/66907/pdf/PSX_Description_Team.pdf

Secondly you'll find a composition of all "jobs we have to offer". When you are interested, please contact me by message or email, or answer directly in this thread. Please indicate your age, first name, what job you can do, your experiences in this kind and your references (if you have any).

Please answer only when you want to help us. This is a very serious project what takes a lot of time and we all are working for free.
Looking forward to hear from you. Thank you very much!
With best regards.

Daniel
Project Leader

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1 Terrain Engineer
The job of our Terrain Engineer is about to realise the project's surfaces for fsx with "Terrain SDK".
New areas have to be added to the world scenery, including elevations (DEM data), imagery,
land classification, water classification, regions, seasons, population density and vector data.

Function:
- Realise the given 3D island model as terrain for fsx
- Import the terrain to fsx

Requirements:
- Experiences with ground texturing for fsx
- Experiences with "Terrain SDK" for fsx

Other basics
- MSN, MS Office
- English fluent
- Agree to work a very lot of hours for free
- Agree to work under a copyright of our project

Links:
- Terrain SDK on MSDN* http://msdn.microsoft.com/de-de/library/cc707102.aspx
- Introductions of MSDN http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/esp/cc789357.aspx

*MSDN = MicroSoft Developer Network
1 Objects Engineer
The job of our Objects Engineer is about to create the project's scenery objects with 3DS MAX or GMAX.
The ground scenery has to be equipped with several buildings what will be created by you.

Function:
- Create buildings and other places in 3DS MAX or GMAX
- Import the models to fsx will be done by the Project Manager

Requirements:
- Experiences with 3DS MAX, version 2009, 2010 or 2011
- Experiences with GMAX very welcome!

Other basics
- MSN, MS Office
- English fluent
2 Animations Engineers
The job of our Animations Engineers is about to create and animate the project's animals.
The whole scenery has to be equipped with several animals what will be composed by you.
This simple animations (walking, moving) shall work within fsx. The models have a poly-limitation!

Function:
- Create and animate the animals in 3DS MAX or GMAX
- Import the animals to fsx will be done by the Project Manager

Requirements:
- Experiences with animations for fsx
- Experiences with 3DS MAX, version 2009, 2010 or 2011
- Experiences with GMAX very welcome!

Other basics
- MSN, MS Office
- English fluent
1 Missions Engineer
The job of our Missions Engineer is about to realise the project's missions with "Mission SDK".
The final scenery has to be fitted together in several mission what will be done by you and the
Project Manager.

Function:
- Create missions, based on storyboard
- Working together with the Project Manager

Requirements:
- Experiences with "Mission SDK"
- Experiences with creating missions for fsx

Other basics
- MSN, MS Office
- English fluent
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~¨

The following jobs make also part of the project, but are already taken:
1 Project Leader
The job of our Project Leader is about to coordinate the process and the team.
Also in his responsibility is to license materials of third parties and to control all works
if they respect copyrights of another. For every problem contact the Project Leader
He also was founder of the project.

Function:
- Coordinate process
- Human resources
- Copyright and licensing
- Problems of all kind
- Timetables
- Organisations

Requirements:
- *behold "Project Manager"

Other basics
- *behold "Project Manager"
1 Project Manager
The job of our Project Manager is about to coordinate all works and to fit them together in one
single product. The Project Manager works with every section together and is responsible for
a successful and coordinated realisation of our product. The Project Leader and the Project Manager
is the same person.

Function:
- Every section, such as:
- Basic ideas, graphic inputs
- 2D Plans of terrain
- 3D Model of terrain
- Objects for scenery
- Animal animations
- Sound engineering
- Fitting together everything
- Creating missions
- Finishing steps of product

- Coordination between the creators

Requirements:
- Experiences with 3DS MAX, version 2009, 2010 and 2011
- Experiences with GMAX
- Experiences with "Object Placement Tool" for fsx
- Experiences with Corel Paint Shop Pro
- Experiences with 2D and 3D CAD programs

Other basics
- MSN, MS Office
- English, French and German fluent
2 Web Engineers
The job of our Web Engineers is about to create an online website for the project with all
useful information. The work is already under progress.

Function:
- Create a conceptual website
- Design an interesting layout for a definitive website
- Realisation of the website
- Maintenance and actualisation of the website
- Onlinesupport, forum

Requirements:
- Experiences with Adobe Flash Catalyst CS5
- Experiences with Adobe Photoshop
- Experiences with webdesign
- Experiences with webanimation
- Experiences with websupport

Other basics
- MSN, MS Office
- English and German fluent
1 Aircraft Manager
The job of our Aircraft Manager is about to find useful aircrafts for the product, to license and
to repaint them. The licensing is supported by the Project Leader.

Function:
- Search aircrafts, based on the storyboard
- Licensing aircrafts for the project
- Create repaints for all used aircrafts

Requirements:
- Experiences with repainting aircrafts for fsx
- Experiences with Adobe Photoshop
- Experiences with DXTBmp or similar

Other basics
- MSN, MS Office
1 Storyboard Manager
The job of our Storyboard Manager is about to write the story behind the project what presents
the base to all used airplanes and created missions. The Storyboard Manager works together with the
Aircraft Manager.

Function:
- Write storyboard

Requirements:
- Good imagination

Other basics
- MSN, MS Office
1 Sound Engineer
The job of our Sound Engineer is about to realise the environment sounds and the creation of soundfiles
for the missions, such as the voice of the instructor, radiograms and so on.

Function:
- Searching for voices
- Searching for sounds
- Recording voices and sound
- Convert files to use in fsx

Requirements:
- Good imagination
- Experiences with sound engineering or contacts to sound engineers

Other basics
- MSN, MS Office

Last edited:

n4gix

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates
Good luck with this project...

I would like to point out however that none of these versions of Max are the least bit useful for FS development:

Experiences with 3DS MAX, version 2009, 2010 or 2011
which are really Max11, Max12 and Max13...

The only versions of Max that support the FSX SDK are:

Max7, Max8, Max9, and Max2008 (Max10)

Country
austria
Uhm, so unfortunaletly we did not find help and we're going to do all the work by ourself. Takes much longer but should work also i hope.

Thanks for reading ;)

Best regards. Daniel

Hi Daniel, good luck with this.

If its valuable, I'll offer my feedback, I can't say I represent anyone else here, but I'm not surprised you received no offers of help.

Your proposal tells the reader that you are in control and that volunteers will be agreeing to accept your control, your content decisions, and your schedule. Why sign up for that? There's an infinite world of pleasurable projects to take on!

Hope the feedback is useful, and I look forward to hearing more about your project as it evolves.

Bob

Can I suggest that perhaps the problem is that you are asking people to do too much?

Any commitment which actually has a job title is bound to put people off!

Perhaps if you just opened a thread which welcomed individual contributions? Perhaps you could make a list of things which need doing in the original post, then people can just pick and choose, and you cross the things off the list.

It's not 'working a lot of hours for free' (although for some it might be), but people on here just aren't going to have the time to jump in to such huge projects when they are developing their own projects, many of which provide their only income.

Country
austria
Hi Bob and Optimist :) Thanks for your feedbacks and supports!

So first of all, the project bases on an idividual idea and should be developed by a team- not only one person. A group of six, seven or more people. So there is a need of somebody who coordinates everything. Seven people have a lot of ideas but someone should take care that they still respect the projects basic ideas... The shedule is just to have an overlook of the work who has be done and should not represent a fixed time management...

I am sorry if my description looks like the leader leads everything and just distribute the work :( Since the beginning of the developement i always respected the ideas of all members. For example, i have no influence to the website or the storyboard. I just asked people if they would love to do anything for this project and two days after i recieved layouts and concepts for notion :) I also take responsibility of everything, so my control is to take care of copyrights. I created a list with all graphics we already used, so we can prove all our works. This is my "leading", but for all ideas and creative things everyone was and is free, they just had to respect the project basic idea ;)

So then, second thing is the bounding-off-thing :D i am sorry again, i just tried to display in short keywords what people we need, so what skills they should have (or want to learn). These days i am going to think about all i wrote and i will follow your propose with a "to-do-list", so interested people can "serve themselfs" :=)

Last but not least. Work for free. I have a full-time job as ingeneer, every day i come home and work on this project. i do not expect that of anyone ;) We all got other things to do, family, sports, whatever :) but the work for free is actually essential. Until this time all members worked for free and we learned a very lot of creating and modelling, so this is our fee. Another fee is, i really would love to give something back to people who spend hours and hours to create freeware airplanes and sceneries, for me this is the spirit of a community. And most important of all- and this is a basicly idea by us all- the product is freeware, downloadable only from its own website. Button for charitable donnation on this website is a fixed decision. All i want to say is, when i got the chance to achieve a lot of people, i will not take it all for us, there are people who need it much more than we. Of course the situation is different, when this is a full-time job of somebody. But for me it's a hobby, as for all members in the team also :)

Well well, again thanks for your help! I gonna think about this and i will write a description what hopefully will be more intresting =)

Hugs! :)

Last edited:
Nice job!

The key to getting people to join you in your team pursuit is to look at the situation from their viewpoint. Anybody can do lots of work and create a freeware project. Most of us here have done that already. Why would someone be WAY better off doing that work on your team? Why would that person enjoy the process of working on your team so much that they can't wait for your next project?

Once you can answer those questions, include those reasons in your add. I suspect you'll have more volunteers.

Cheers,
Bob

Country
ca-novascotia
I've found on sites like this you get more of the folk looking for help with their problems so finding help on your project with experienced developers may not happen. I advertised two paid positions last month here with no replies.

You may have to go to places like Gamasutra to find people who are ready to work. Just an idea. Good luck with your project!