P3D v4 Drawing textures

I in middle of progress of creating a small air force base for P3D. But due to security reasons i cannot obtain pictures of hangers and buildings.

I have some reference pictures with horrible quality, which cannot be used for texture creation.

So my question is, can i draw textures? Im not a artist at all, so when i draw the texture looks like cartoon. :D

I noticed some Payware creators have drawn texture instead of photos, but they have done it with quite quality.

Are they using photoshop and just there skills?

I have attached a texture from a payware i believe its been just drawn only.

Attachments

I’d be interested to learn the techniques required, as I’m trying to do the same thing and - as yet - my talent is far short of what I‘d hoped! I’m using the Affinity suite, but I also have access to Substance (which I haven’t used yet).

I’d be interested to learn the techniques required, as I’m trying to do the same thing and - as yet - my talent is far short of what I‘d hoped! I’m using the Affinity suite, but I also have access to Substance (which I haven’t used yet).
Affinity Designer is it? how is it compared to photshop?

I have Designer and Photo. I don't have the money for Photoshop, so I have no idea! I understand from others that it's quite similar.

In generell you need to learn, some basics of texture creation and the techniques as a artist,layer blending and overlapping, baking. Also addition of texture maps like spec,bump/normal.
If you have an Idea of your object/building its a question of skill and tools.

regards DHS lead Artist.

In generell you need to learn, some basics of texture creation and the techniques as a artist,layer blending and overlapping, baking. Also addition of texture maps like spec,bump/normal.
If you have an Idea of your object/building its a question of skill and tools.

regards DHS lead Artist.
So as a professional what tools do you use?

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Hello...

Any graphics editor or photo editor that has use of the alpha channel will do...
Concerning hand drawing, you could mix match different textures together that has the appearance of the materials used of the scenery you are texturing.

I use Substance Alchemist & Substance Painter to build up materials, even in areas where I 100s of Photos. But I do not recommend this method unless you have a lot of time to learn the Programs.
If you're looking for a simpler method with decent results, I can not recommend Bill Womack Youtube series enough.

Hi gayanll,

I use Photoshop CS6, Substance Painter, Quixel Suite. I would consider that you first learn the techniques with bakking,ao,layering. I suggest to start with a wood case or something similar. Try to understand the materials the lightning the shadows, the different maps there are many youtube videos with tutorials, good luck.

regards DHS lead Artist.