• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSXA effects oddity

Messages
2,388
Country
us-washington
Here's what I see:

Made a house with smoke coming out of chimney. Made with FSDS, placed with IS3.
Made effect with FSDS small taxi light with attached light night only.

Smoke looks to be offset from chimney to the left a few feet.
Light looks to be offset from my taxi light object a foot or two as well.... to the left.

Before we start blaming IS3 and FSDS I placed these objects into a totally different scenery....
result?............... Perfect!!!!

I have checked for excludes etc. None except for two far away from these objects. removed them just in case.... no difference.

Most interesting? What else might I check for? Bob
 
I am going to guess that the problem scenery has FS9 .bgls and the test scenery doesn't.
 
=rk= done that before and no problem but decent guess. I forgot to post my results here but found the problem.

Actually I was told that the effects are placed and shown correctly but the object they are attached to are to the right of them!

This tends to occur with airports at higher elevations (at what point this tarts to happen I don't know). My airport is at 2100 ft. Evidently this is a known glitch with FSX. The fix is this-

In MCX go to options, open up 'exporter settings' , scroll down to find 'drawcall batching' (not the one that has LOD in it, just the first one you come to) , change this from true to false.

Now export your model and add it back into your library (or add redo the mdl in your ADE, place again and recompile.)

I've done this and the problem is solved. Odd! huh?! ;) Bob
 
Back
Top