EGT table 540

Hi

Trying to get my GE90 to have an idle EGT of around 440c with a max temp of 1004c, understand that EGT is just eye candy and doesnt affect anything else

I have set 2300 rankine as the max EGT but this gives me an idle around 650C, top end I am getting the 1000c area. It seems the only way I can get my idle value correct is by lowering the max value?

the scale factor seems to just scale the limits?

question:

does anyone know what to do with scale factor and rate of change to get the required results? do I need to play around with table 1526?

any help appreciated as ever

thanks Keith

Heretic

Resource contributor
1526 is ITT, which is for turboprops.

Rate of change is self explanatory.
Not sure how max EGT and scaling are connected though. Maybe try to decrease max EGT to obtain the correct idle value and then set the scaling factor to increase the limit to what you'll get on the real thing at max thrust.

tried that, reduced the max to 1700 and then set the scale to 1.5, it only seems to affect the high end ie I get the correct max but the idle still sits at 650c so I guess its choose to have one correct value only

taguilo

Resource contributor
does anyone know what to do with scale factor and rate of change to get the required results? do I need to play around with table 1526?
Yes. Write your own conversion table. EGT/ITT records in .air file are absolutely useless as totally unrealistic.
Fsim ties EGT/ITT to Fuel Flow rate. As FF decreases with altitude so does Fsim Temperature, which does not happen in RL.

Tom

Thanks Tom, so when you say write your own table, is that done in simconnect or a gauge? trouble for me is that I dont use a panel with my airfile as I use simavionics 777 suite, this software reports on the sim variables.

taguilo

Resource contributor
That should be done in a gauge, and displayed either (or both) in a gauge and/or in the VC EGT gauge (via modeldef). I don't understand what you mean with "I dont use a panel with my airfile as I use simavionics 777 suite, this software reports on the sim variables."

Tom

The gauges are on a network PC which reads sim variables via widefs. So I need the external program to ignore fsim variables and read its own corrected table.

I have contacted the author

table is useless. map the sea level temperatures then use correction to map all mach. apply a "flow cooler" algorithm and viola.