email inbound

Arno,

I sent you an email with some APIs attached. They show two types of errors: animation not working and wrongly attached to the main object and lights (effects) not connected to the object.

Aside from that the interface performance is absolutely smooth now :)

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Got it, I will test them soon and report back. Thanks for the feedback.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi Martin,

They look OK here on my PC with the latest build. Only in BGDASR13.api I see some lights on the ground that I am not sure of. Could you test again with the latest build? I made some changes yesterday that could affect what you see and I believe you tested with Saturdays build.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi Martin,

I found and fixed the animation problem. It is in this nights build. I will now look at the misplaced attachpoints.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
OK, also found the attachpoint problem, will also be in the next build. Let me know if they work OK at your place as well now.

Arno,

When I try to convert the radar objects (and some others as well) with the latest (17th) build it generates a 0 byte mdl files.

I will send you the log, the .x files and the apis for analysis.

Last edited:
I am sorry for the confusion, Arno.

It is working perfectly. All animations are there, and the light effects all seem to be placed absolutely correctly. Absolutely great. :D

Aside from the decimal delimiter we have another issue which can cause irritation: all compiles resulting in 0 bytes sized mdl files occurred when the files were located like this:

--> API:
Code:
"E:\Download\__AIFP&Arno&Helli\ModelConverterX\Andrej Urosevic\API"
--> Output path:
Code:
"E:\Download\__AIFP&Arno&Helli\ModelConverterX\Andrej Urosevic\API\Output"
Things work when the files are located like this:

--> API:
Code:
"E:\ModelConverterX\Andrej Urosevic\API"
--> Output path:
Code:
"E:\ModelConverterX\Andrej Urosevic\API\Output"
So it is not the space in the folder name which cause the confusion. It is most likely either the length of the path or the "&" character in the folder name, less likely the "_" character. I will test this the next days and report back so that you can make a note in the docu or help file.

Last edited:

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi Martin,

Spaces should not matter indeed, but I never tried underscores and & character as much as you used them. Let me try if one of them gives such trouble.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi Martin,

I can't reproduce it here yet with a folder with both the _ and the &. If you find anything more let me know.