email inbound

#1
Arno,

I sent you an email with some APIs attached. They show two types of errors: animation not working and wrongly attached to the main object and lights (effects) not connected to the object.

Aside from that the interface performance is absolutely smooth now :)
 

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
#2
Got it, I will test them soon and report back. Thanks for the feedback.
 

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
#3
Hi Martin,

They look OK here on my PC with the latest build. Only in BGDASR13.api I see some lights on the ground that I am not sure of. Could you test again with the latest build? I made some changes yesterday that could affect what you see and I believe you tested with Saturdays build.
 

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
#6
Hi Martin,

I found and fixed the animation problem. It is in this nights build. I will now look at the misplaced attachpoints.
 

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
#7
OK, also found the attachpoint problem, will also be in the next build. Let me know if they work OK at your place as well now.
 
#8
Arno,

When I try to convert the radar objects (and some others as well) with the latest (17th) build it generates a 0 byte mdl files.

I will send you the log, the .x files and the apis for analysis.
 
Last edited:
#9
I am sorry for the confusion, Arno.

It is working perfectly. All animations are there, and the light effects all seem to be placed absolutely correctly. Absolutely great. :D

Aside from the decimal delimiter we have another issue which can cause irritation: all compiles resulting in 0 bytes sized mdl files occurred when the files were located like this:

--> API:
Code:
"E:\Download\__AIFP&Arno&Helli\ModelConverterX\Andrej Urosevic\API"
--> Output path:
Code:
"E:\Download\__AIFP&Arno&Helli\ModelConverterX\Andrej Urosevic\API\Output"
Things work when the files are located like this:

--> API:
Code:
"E:\ModelConverterX\Andrej Urosevic\API"
--> Output path:
Code:
"E:\ModelConverterX\Andrej Urosevic\API\Output"
So it is not the space in the folder name which cause the confusion. It is most likely either the length of the path or the "&" character in the folder name, less likely the "_" character. I will test this the next days and report back so that you can make a note in the docu or help file.
 
Last edited:

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
#10
Hi Martin,

Spaces should not matter indeed, but I never tried underscores and & character as much as you used them. Let me try if one of them gives such trouble.
 

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
#11
Hi Martin,

I can't reproduce it here yet with a folder with both the _ and the &. If you find anything more let me know.
 
Top