• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX Error compilation

Country
france
Hello everyone,

I meet again a problem with the compilation of the model.
have select in preference of FS Design Studio 3.5.1.
When I want to compile my model I have every time an error message that appears here is the screen
2014-028.jpg

This error message is displayed whether with Xtomdl or Makemdl
my version is the FSX professional, with Acceleration pack, and I have a windows 8.
What SDK should I use, I do not know what to do and I met is already the problem last year, that's what m was forced to stop FS Design Studio.
Is someone would be kind enough to help me because I honestly do not know what to do apart abandon again.

Thank you to all.

Farfy

Resource contributor
If you are building your model for FSX then you use the FSX SDK and set FSDS to Xtomdl

Country
france
Hello Farfy,

That is to say I created my model for FSX and FSX SDK I compile my model with XtoMDL?
I may be wrong in the procedure being compiled!

Farfy

Resource contributor
Hello Craken.

Can you post screen shots of you settings. Like the ones I have posted.

Attachments

• grab_002.jpg
    grab_002.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 532
  • grab_003.jpg
    grab_003.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 469
  • grab_004.jpg
    grab_004.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 481
Country
france
2014-029.jpg

2014-030.jpg
2014-031.jpg

There are the two screen captures XtoMDL way possible, and Makemdl, knowing that in both cases I have no work systematically the message from the top of the page that appears.
That I'm doing that is not good?

Country
france
Ok Thanks Farfy I saw your screen and I saw that I was mistaken.
By happens against has created the model but then my big problem is that it compiles to Simobject / Airplane folder but my plane is not visible in the library

Country
france
Here is a screen, I think that must be it wrong, apparently Fs Dtudio Design does not detect my FSX yet it is on the same PC.
2014-032.jpg

Country
france
I do not understand why my models compiles but in FSX when I select the plane, it makes me a message that says "unable to load visual model"
This is due to what?
I have also try with an example provided in FSDS compiles but my model is not visible.

Thank you for your help

Last edited by a moderator:

Farfy

Resource contributor
Lets try to see if the problem is FSDS or the plane.

Make a single cube with NO textures and compile and install it in the game.

If it loads FSDS is working proper.

Country
france
Hi Farfy

I just did the test as you have to me and not always ask the same message "can not display the visual model"
I try to open the model with modelconverterX, but nothing

Farfy

Resource contributor
Craken

All I wish to do is to see if you have the paths set correctly to the compilers and to see if they are working.

All I want you to do is make a cube 200x200x200 and set origins to the bottom and compile as Scenery BGL.

Install this BGL into any active scenery folder and then go the KSEA and see if the cube is there.

Make sure you know were you put it so you can delete it later.

Do not use any third party programs (modelconverter X ) as we are trying to see if FSDS is working proper first, then you can move on to the other problems.

H_Farfy

Attachments

• grab_000.jpg
    grab_000.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 487
  • grab_001.jpg
    grab_001.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 512
  • grab_003.jpg
    grab_003.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 453
Country
france
Farfy,

I did what you asked me and not it does not work, there is a first window that opens that says "failed to create bgl file"
and the second window that appears will give the message "unable to find the file _xtomdl_err.log"
He asks me if I want to create one, and if I put "yes" or "no", it changes nothing because it is empty.
2014-035.jpg

2014-036.jpg

craken

Farfy

Resource contributor
Something else to check is the Region setting.

Attachments

• regional setting.jpg
    regional setting.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 468
Country
ca-quebec
Point instead comma for decimal separator...?
(Le point au lieu de la virgule comme séparateur décimal, ça change quelque chose?)

Country
france
Hello to you,

I ve check the path for the Xtomdl is good no worries.
By cons for settings regional, instead of, as on your screen Farfy on my computer was a point I post the screen and I've replaced with a period.
that's what I had to do?
2014-038.jpg

In any case it does change anything, because it does not want to compile the BGL
It may be stupid question, but what is cla can not be of a windows 8 bind to a management problem?

Last edited by a moderator:

Farfy

Resource contributor
With Window Vista and newer do not install FSDS in the program folder on C drive.

Make a new folder like screen shot (call it what ever you like) and install FSDS in it.

Attachments

• grab_005.jpg
    grab_005.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 431
Country
france
I 've reinstalled FSDS3.5 and 3.5.1 on D: it works better because I happen to compile the BGL
the bgl weighs 4k but nothing in flight simulator there s any cube that appears or I have it set.