Error message with lighting

G'day guys, I have made my objects street light and I added a polygon with a light, but I keep getting this message when I am generating the object to a MDL.

"OutputFile: _temp.MDL
Output file after modification: _temp.MDL
Creating output MDL file: _temp.MDL
CRASHTREE nocrash specified, not generating crashtree
<!-- ++++ Processing Animation : wing_fold_r_pct ++++ -->
error :
error : Failed processing animation file!!
error :
error : System.FormatException: Guid should contain 32 digits with 4 dashes (xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx).
error : at System.Guid..ctor(String g)
error : at Microsoft.FlightSimulator.XAnimToAnimLib.FileExporter.WriteGuid(String S)
error : at Microsoft.FlightSimulator.XAnimToAnimLib.ANIMProcessor.WriteGUID(String GUID)
error : at Microsoft.FlightSimulator.XAnimToAnimLib.ANIMProcessor.WriteANIM(XmlNode node)
error : at Microsoft.FlightSimulator.XAnimToAnimLib.ANIMProcessor.WriteANIMLib(XmlNode node)
error : at Microsoft.FlightSimulator.XAnimToAnimLib.ANIMProcessor.GenerateOutput(FileExporter Exporter)
error : at Microsoft.FlightSimulator.XAnimToAnimLib.XAnimToAnimLib.Process(Stream OutputStream)"

If you have any idea on how to fix this I would be very greatful. All I want to do is add a blinking yellow light to an object that is on all the time weather it is night or day.

Hi Farfy, thanks for getting back to me so quickly. How do I name it ambient?? Actually what is the best way to apply a light effect for street lights??

Farfy

Resource contributor
Visit my site and go to the tutorial section.

http://farfyscenery.katuu.com/

For Animation have a look at “Basic animation for FSX”

Their two ways to make a streetlight.

Have a look at “Adding an effect to a object”

Or ”Street light ground effects”