• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FS2002 Exporting FS9 models

Messages
137
Country
unitedstates
Hi folks.

Can I use ModelConverterX to export a ground poly as a FS2004 mdl? I've tried, but I think I am missing the FS2004BGLComp and or the pathway for the FS2004 compiler.

Thank you.
 
Hi,

You can export objects as fs2004 mdl, you need makemdl for that.

But the ground polygon wizard uses the fs2002 style code, since else you will get flickering and issues with shadows.

If a compiler path is wrong, you will get an error in the event log.
 
Using it from gmax is fine or else download the makemdl sdk.
 
Hi Arno.

Arno, This not working out. I want to export a groundpoly as a FS9 groundpoly, but this is what I'm getting. I have a scasm in the ModelconverterX folder and I've pointed ModelconverterX to the folder where the scasm application is, but it still come up with the image you see below.

modelconvertX.jpg


Do I have the right scasm application or do I need something else?
 
Hi,

Did you set the path to SCASM correctly? It should be the entire path (including scasm.exe). Then it should be found. I don't think the version matters that much, but you can best get the latest one from scasm.de.
 
Back
Top