• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

F-15SX Silver Eagle

Messages
549
Country
nicaragua
I made this airplane for testing purposes only (at least I thought by the time), namely Xml animated parts and other.
I'm still struggling with the lack of maneuverability at low speeds, but despite that the plane flyes pretty well and it's very stable at low and slow flights...
No VC yet...
I have some pictures of it on FSX:
f15sxgdtail.jpg

The canards deploy automaticly at 180 kts and when the AOA is at 35 degrees
f15sxcanards.jpg

The nose housing animates automaticly when the engine is shut down
f15noserad.jpg

f15sxgdtop.jpg
 
Thanks! Well, I know, I have a really BIG problem with making realistic textures, that's something that has always hunted my planes.... :(
 
After all of the years I spent working on F-15s (maintenance)... I'd say that's an excellent "upgrade" you've created!
 
Thanks! Well, I know, I have a really BIG problem with making realistic textures, that's something that has always hunted my planes.... :(
I wasn't talking about the textures they are well done. I was talking about the design in general. Why would an aircraft with a stealth fuselage (which would decrease performance) have a standard nose section? Kind of defeats the purpose lol.
 
Thanks!
The nose isn't quite standart: you can see it almost flat on the bottom (it actually reduces the RCS at 30% less), but this isn't a combat plane, it's like an upgrade of the F-15S/MTD with more wing area and better stability and "supposelly" more maneuverability...
 
Back
Top