• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Failed to load texture

  • Thread starter Thread starter GHD
  • Start date Start date

GHD

Messages
12,244
Country
england
Is there a restriction on the file size or format of a texture file?

The texture displays fine in Image Tool, but not in MCX:

 
Hi George,

Can you send me the file to debugging? I thought I have used 8 bit textures before, but maybe this one is in a slightly different format.
 
Hi George,

This is weird. On my system the model and the texture load fine.

Which version of ModelConverterX are you using?

I guess this might be related to the object report issue you had earlier.
 

Attachments

  • Image2013-01-05 1122.09.637.jpg
    Image2013-01-05 1122.09.637.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 500
Hmm, it works in W7. Unfortunately I use XP for development.

I'll try the report on W7.

The report also works in W7, it must be a memory problem.
 
Last edited:
OK, let me fire up my virtual box with XP and see if I can find out what is going on.
 
I tried it using a virtual box here running XP, but also on my XP installation the texture is loading fine.

Are you using 32 or 64 bit XP?
 
I re-booted XP and it loaded Victory but the report on the previous library failed to load any textures after the first one.

I then loaded Victory and it failed to load the texture.

Restarted MCX and it loaded Victory OK.

Loaded the library ( no errors) and was stepping through the models and got:

Code:
************** Exception Text **************
System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowKeyNotFoundException()
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
   at ASToFra.ObjectRenderer.Renderer3DHandlerType.SetColorsAndTextures(Material mMaterial)
   at ASToFra.ObjectRenderer.Renderer3DHandlerType.DrawModelPart(ModelPart mPart, RenderNodes renderNodes)
   at ASToFra.ObjectRenderer.Renderer3DHandlerType.RenderModelPart(ModelPart p, RenderNodes renderNodes)
   at ASToFra.ObjectRenderer.Renderer3DHandlerType.RenderSceneGraphNode(SceneGraphNode sn, RenderNodes renderNodes)
   at ASToFra.ObjectRenderer.Renderer3DHandlerType.RenderSceneGraphNode(SceneGraphNode sn, RenderNodes renderNodes)
   at ASToFra.ObjectRenderer.Renderer3DHandlerType.RenderScene()
   at ASToFra.ObjectRenderer.Renderer3DHandlerType.Paint(Object sender, PaintEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs e)
   at CSGL12.CSGL12Control.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintWithErrorHandling(PaintEventArgs e, Int16 layer, Boolean disposeEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)


************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3643 (GDR.050727-3600)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
ModelConverterXLaunch
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.4.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///G:/ModelConverterX/ModelConverterX.exe
----------------------------------------
ModelConverterX
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.4.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///G:/ModelConverterX/ModelConverterX.DLL
----------------------------------------
System.Windows.Forms
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3637 (GDR.050727-3600)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
----------------------------------------
System
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3643 (GDR.050727-3600)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Drawing
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3639 (GDR.050727-3600)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
----------------------------------------
Interfaces
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.4.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///G:/ModelConverterX/Interfaces.DLL
----------------------------------------
ObjectModel3D
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.4.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///G:/ModelConverterX/ObjectModel3D.DLL
----------------------------------------
ObjectWriter
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.4.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///G:/ModelConverterX/ObjectWriter.DLL
----------------------------------------
ObjectReader
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.4.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///G:/ModelConverterX/ObjectReader.DLL
----------------------------------------
EventLog
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.4.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///G:/ModelConverterX/EventLog.DLL
----------------------------------------
System.Configuration
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Xml
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3082 (QFE.050727-3000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
----------------------------------------
ObjectRenderer
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.4.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///G:/ModelConverterX/ObjectRenderer.DLL
----------------------------------------
CSGL12DLL
    Assembly Version: 12.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///G:/ModelConverterX/CSGL12DLL.DLL
----------------------------------------
ParticleEffects
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.4.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///G:/ModelConverterX/ParticleEffects.DLL
----------------------------------------
Utils
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.4.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///G:/ModelConverterX/Utils.DLL
----------------------------------------
TextureObject
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.4.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///G:/ModelConverterX/TextureObject.DLL
----------------------------------------
TextureLoader
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.4.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///G:/ModelConverterX/TextureLoader.DLL
----------------------------------------
 
Hi George,

That's weird. When you got the crash, was MCX still busy loading the textures at that time? I have seen crashes in that case (I should fix those :))
 
The library had finished loading with no texture errors. I was using the "arrow" to skip through the models when it crashed.

The report problem seems to be a timing issue. The previous run produced a texture image only for the first model. The last run produced the first 16 texture images.
 
Hi George,

I think that crash is the same thing I talk about. It happens here as well if I clicked forward multiple times, without waiting for the textures to load on the previous model.

That timing issue is a bit weird, not sure how I can debug that at the moment. Since the textures are there and sometimes load, the only thing I can think of is that another process might lock them and prevent MCX from reading them.
 
Yes, the crash is caused by clicking the arrow quickly.

The report is different (but possibly related?) since it is attempting to load the textures very quickly.

The only processes running are MCX and Windows Explorer, so there should be no locks on the texture files.
 
On initial load of the library, all of the models are displayed correctly in the MCX display window.

After the report is produced, only those models with texture images in the report display correctly in the MCX display window.

Are the textures locked by the report process?
 
Hi,

I have fixed that crash when browsing too quickly. So in the next development release that is gone.

I think the report is something else, because the program does not crash. It just says that the texture could not be loaded. I'll try to figure out what could be going on.
 
Back
Top