Flatten not working

Hey there,

Unfortunately I can't give you any photos about my problem and Im going to try to explain as much as I can..

I tried making a flatten poly with ADE and SBuilderX and both of them are not working for me, maybe Im doing something wrong.

In SBuilderX:

- Finding my airport on the worksheet, making a poly, and set to AB_Flatten_MaskClass_Exclude...(don't know the exact name), and setting it's altitude to my airport's altitude (also tried with another heights, like 50 meters above and under the airport elevation).Exporting it.

In Airport Design Editor:

- I open the stock airport, making a normal polygon and then class it to Flatten (same as sbuilderx), I set the altitude same as the airport elevation (tried the same as sbx with the elevation).Exporting it.

That's the process im trying, Im looking on google for few days and really can't find solution, and I hope some of you can help me.

Thank you in advance,

Teo

EDIT:

- Nothing is changing in P3Dv4, I dont have any hole or any height pole, it's the same like I didn't made a flatten poly..

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

Are you sure your new bgl is active and no other flattens are present in other files?

I was searching for other bgls under my airport's icao, didn't found something, except the default cvx file in root/scenery/0602/scenery, also the scenery is active in the library and it's top priority

EDIT: Im experimenting something now, can the problem cause becouse I didn't made a polygon in ADE to exclude flatten_mask_autogen..?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
I don't think an exclude should matter here. You should be able to just create a flatten polygon and if it has a higher priority it will work.

Be aware that runways and taxiways automatically flatten to the airport elevation.

So, becouse my runway and grass near the runway is flickering, I have to change airport's elevation to something lower then make a flatten?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
No, you would normally set the airport elevation and flatten to exactly the same altitude.

So, if I have any part of the airport which is a garage to say like 10m below the ground, and the default airport elevation is 238m, do I have to change the default airport altitude to 228m then make a flatten everywhere around the airport except at the garage, and set it to 238m, and another flatten over the garage at 228m?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
No, I think you should leave the airport elevation at the correct value. As long as your parking garage is not very near to a runway or taxiay, you should be able to use a local flatten to make a hole in the ground.

Actually, sorry Arno for bothering, but Im really kinda retarded...I was using airport elevation in mcx gp export tool 236m but the default flatten is 238m..Problem is solved, sorry!!!!!!