• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FS2004 Flatten Problem

Messages
1
Country
argentina
My problem is that when creating the Airport (elevation 652 feet) and I did this:

1. Downloaded from the airport PTsim image setting your track center as my coordinate axis to pass the AFCAD.

2. I create the AFCAD with EXCLUSIONS and flattens.

3. I use Gmax. I create the track and from this, I put the image PTsim and start doing the airport in great detail.

4. I make the textures for each object, first, from the GMAX, through a *. Pair compiled with MakeMDL (FS9) and get a *. X which is compiled by MakeMDL (FS2002).

5. I edit the *. ASM * _0.ASM to establish layers of textures. Of course I take the object shadows, keep files, and deselected the crash. Replacing the line: ADDOBJ by ADDCAT and put the number of layer (four by four)

Word label OBJECT_0_START
ADDCAT OBJECT_0_SCALE, 4

In my scenery I am in the layer 20

6. ASM compiled with the BGLcompiler (FS2002).

7. I open the FS9, I open the airport in question, and layers of texture generated disappearances and sudden appearances.

I have not found how to flatten the ground. In one of the tests use a flat object to create the flatten (no texture) and I could see in great detail the default field simulator. They are small hills 1 to 5 feet generating terrain as shark teeth, a little to the right is the default flatten terrain mesh of the simulator.

Until now I had no way to correct this problem … I could only raise some objects, but the aircraft sink into them and there is nothing good.

I try with Sbuilder, AFCAD, ADEX, Flight Simulator Scenery Creator, also I try with Terrain SDK but i couldn´t get compile DEM files.

Sorry for my english is not good.

I hope some body can help me.

Thanks.
 
Last edited:
Hello GaSi:

Please tell us the Geographic coordinates of where your airport is located; this is necessary so we can refer to the default FS2004 (aka "FS9") files you may need to modify or replace, in order to achieve the flattens you require at your custom airport. ;)

'
FYI: Airport Design Editor (aka "ADE9X") in 'FS9 mode' can make a FS9 compatible flatten using a simple SCASM "Area16N" method, but IIRC, such objects cannot over-ride a default FS9 "water" flatten to modify shorelines.


Thus, for more complete control of how an airport blends into the underlying FS9 terrain mesh, one must either use a LWM type 3 (aka "LWM3") FS8 / FS9 format sloped / tilted flatten, or replace the default terrain LWM vector flatten with a modified one.

SBuilder for FS9 can "Append" FS9 default LWM terrain vector flatten BGL(s) to be copied, backed up, then the copy modified, compiled back to a LWM BGL ...and substituted for the original file.


So, you may wish to install and use SBuilder for FS9 ...which is not to be confused with SBuilder for FSX (aka "SBuilderX").


You may also wish to review these threads for some initial orientation to the tasks under discussion:

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17190&highlight=Append


http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showpost.php?p=562234&postcount=7


http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showpost.php?p=638074&postcount=9


http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?t=425495&highlight=LWM3


Hope this helps ! :)


GaryGB
 
Last edited:
Back
Top