FSXA FLT file content

Good day,

I have had a look at a slingshot mission content,(Opened in notepad) and I was wondering where one get the SIM VARS number

Example:
[Sim.348]
Sim=pallet_of_Boxes_sm

[SimVars.348]
Latitude=S22° 54' 34.36"
Longitude=W43° 9' 44.65"
Altitude=+000011.87
Pitch=0
Bank=0
Heading=0
PVelBodyAxis=0
BVelBodyAxis=0
HVelBodyAxis=0
XVelBodyAxis=0
YVelBodyAxis=2.6628337062733608e-073
ZVelBodyAxis=0
SimOnGround=True
OnPlatformHeight=-9999999999

[Slew.348]
Active=False
Here I found a library with all the mission objects
http://lc0277.gratisim.fr/sceneobjects/

Any help perhaps?

Cheers, Jakes

Is this really from April 2013 and nobody answered?

Wow.

Not an expert but I think the simvar number is assigned somehow when you save the FLT from inside a mission. Perhaps randomly? I don't know.

For example: I was running a mission where I was using The EH 101 sling to carry the Tesla coil cargo. I saved the mission at three points with three different names while the helicopter was airborne with the cargo attached. The simvar number was 1775.

Then I started a mission with the cargo unattached and sitting on the ground. The simvar number was 668.

Four digits for airborne or attached cargo? Three digits for sitting on the ground or unattached cargo? I don't know.

I am not at my computer now, so cannot check it, however I think that every AI object in a mission that is not set to "none" probably gets a simvar number, when you save the flight inside the mission. So every AI aircraft, boat, ground vehicle, or other object like cargo, would get a number.

I guess the only way to test it would be to make a couple of missions and save a couple of the same AI objects as part of the FLT file.

Better late than never? :)

R/ Hangar 32

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD