• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Font Question

Country
austria
Hello there,

i just have a simple question, anyone know which font this might be ?
The only airport related font i came across is the one used for taxiway signs and runway numbers - but this one seems different.

Screenshot (258).png

Country
us-ohio
In Your base directory for FSX is a Fonts Directory, Would it not be one of these ?? - Johnman

Country
australia
Search for a "Stencil" font. There are many styles but road markings are made with stencils which gives them those characterstic lines.

Country
us-missouri
I looked a few other places and nothing has an "A" like what's in your example. If it was my project, I would use Boston Traffic and call it good enough.

Country
austria
Search for a "Stencil" font. There are many styles but road markings are made with stencils which gives them those characterstic lines.
Stencil is definitely the right direction, Thank you for your input.

@crushnik Boston Traffic looks interesting, thank you for that suggestion.

@614NLV Nice, thank you. I gave that a try, and while it's not perfect it suggests a Stencil Font was used - i might just go with a Stencil Font that looks close to the real thing.
I'll remember that site for future Font related issues, very helpful.

Country
austria
You mean something like on the screenshot ?
I do these by using Ground Polys, but i'm using P3DV5 - not MSFS.

I'm just saying that because the vast majority of posts here are about MSFS, and i couldn't help you with that.

Cédrice

Resource contributor
Country
france
i just have a simple question, anyone know which font this might be ?
The only airport related font i came across is the one used for taxiway signs and runway numbers - but this one seems different.
Take ICAO numbers/letters and erase a line in the middle to simulate the stencil simply