• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v5 Forgot process for ortho scenery

Country
us-missouri
I forgot how I used to create custom imagery for airports. I use SASPlanet to download high resolution imagery along with a KML file with the corner coordinates. I make a blendmask for the edges. But I have forgotten the process I used to warp the image into WGS84 format and generate an INF file for resampling. Can someone remind me what the process is?

Country
us-illinois
IMHO, save the SAS image source GIS-projected as a EPSG:3857 BMP.

Then Add Map > From Disk and calibrate the image within SBuilderX workspace, so SBuilderX can generate the INF etc..

GaryGB

Last edited:
Country
us-missouri
Maybe my problem is not downloading a BMP. I was thinking I enter the KML coordinates in SBuilderX and it generates an INF, but won't work with a JPG or TIF.

Country
us-missouri
Part of my issue was that I overlooked the projection box on SASPlanet. I usually write down my processes for when I forget what I did months later, but I neglected to do so for this. However SBuilderX still won't export the map to a BGL file. I'm still forgetting something.

Country
us-missouri
I think the issue was that I used SASPlanet and exported a GTiff, like I started with, and I just forgot to set the projection to WGS84.

Country
us-illinois
Once the BMP is loaded into SBuilderX workspace as a non-warped EPSG:3857, you can select tiles and compile them.

SBuilderX will internally re-project the selected tiles to EPSG:4326, then submit the source data to SDK SHP2VEC to be compiled to BGL.

This is just to refresh your memory on the basics; large projects such as yours may best be achieved via ScenProc.

See the ScenProc PDF Manual at:

10.7.9 ExportResamplePhotorealBGL

GaryGB

Last edited: