• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSPS boost

Country
unitedkingdom
I've used this loader for a long time now an it supposedly utilises all the processors you have in your pc, I have 8 and it does speed up FSX/P3dv5 up on a 10 year old PC add that to an asus gpu booster as well and I get a pretty good framerate out of it. As it stands you add the exe of a programme to the software and tell it to use all processors, switch to high priority in the system architecture and away you go, we you would with MSFS2020 if it let you add the .exe to that programme, or indeed can get near it. I know where the sneaky thing hides but you cant add it due to the protection it has on it. Good for stopping those bad men who pirate software, dreadful for those of us who need a boost in performance until the next spare £3000 is in the bank for a top of the range PC. Does anyone know of a workaround?

Country
us-illinois
Hi Freddie:

What "loader" that "supposedly utilizes all the processors you have in your pc", and that makes a *.EXE "switch to high priority" ...are you referring to ?

What "sneaky thing" that "hides but you cant add it due to the protection it has on it" ...are you referring to ?

What do you mean by "Good for stopping those bad men who pirate software, dreadful for those of us who need a boost in performance" ? :scratchch

GaryGB

Country
unitedkingdom
see the pic below. The new flightsim programme stops any action on the exe programme most likely I assume to stop hackers from back-engineering the file to find a way of getting into it to distribute pirated versions of it which is good, but the protection also stops the FSPS multicore environment from boosting the pc's performance because you cant add the exe.

Attachments

• fsps.jpg
    fsps.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 96
Country
us-illinois
Hi again:

Flight Simulator Platform Solutions (aka "FSPS") products and availability have a controversial history.

Currently they appear to be MIA. :scratchch

I suggest trying a free version of ProcessLasso to see what it may do for your MSFS-2020 computer. :idea:.

GaryGB

Country
unitedkingdom
I tried it I love it I’ll keep it. I still cant see why the exe is restricted on the multi core boost though. Thanks for the heads up I’ll be using that from now on

Country
us-illinois
Glad that is to your liking. :)

If you have a goal of further optimizing your computer for MSFS to see what its maximum performance will be, you may wish to read the "Bible".

Actually, that is the humorous title given to a tutorial by Nick Needham (aka "Nick_N") a retired Boeing engineer, MSFS add-on developer, and 'iconoclast commentator': :teacher:

Have fun ! :cool:

GaryGB

Country
australia
Can I ask why you would be feeling the need to spread your CPU compute across cores? MSFS is multithreaded now and I'm running an i7 6700k @ 4.4GHz (old processor), and a 2080 ti and my CPU is using about 40-50% most of the time so there's no bottleneck there. I'm getting a solid 30-40fps with those two and all sliders to the right.

In FSX and earlier it was single thread so CPU optimization matters but with MSFS being 64bit, GPU centric and multithreaded I doubt you'd see any sort of improvement with so much CPU overhead.

Country
unitedkingdom
its 12 years old and I swear theres a white flag being popped out of the cd drive, Ive upped and tweaked and its at the end now, kinda like me really. I will be getting a new one in a year or so when I retire so I have a bi
Can I ask why you would be feeling the need to spread your CPU compute across cores? MSFS is multithreaded now and I'm running an i7 6700k @ 4.4GHz (old processor), and a 2080 ti and my CPU is using about 40-50% most of the time so there's no bottleneck there. I'm getting a solid 30-40fps with those two and all sliders to the right.

In FSX and earlier it was single thread so CPU optimization matters but with MSFS being 64bit, GPU centric and multithreaded I doubt you'd see any sort of improvement with so much CPU overhead.
[/QUOTE

Someone noticed that only 3 out of how ever many cores he had was being utilised. i have 8 cores and a cpu that runs at 2.9 -3.4ghz, It is fine in x-plane using fsps but with MSFS it needed a bit of a boost as does my 1070 graphics card, Running a gpu booster and the process lasso gives a heck of a kick to my aging system, I get good framerates and some really stunning eye candy

Country
australia
I hear you, thankfully my film work allows me to upgrade, what is your CPU and RAM and videocard?

Country
switzerland
Are you using the MS Store version? If yes, all UWP apps dont allow to point any program to the .exe. Maybe there is a workaround but i dont think so.
Thats why i bought the Steam version.

On a side note: No, its not to stop pirates as they already cracked the whole sim. So the question why that MS does things to stop customers accessing the .exe and other game files stays unanswered...