• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX default Cessna 172 prop texture.

Hi Folks. I am running FSX under Win7 with an Nvidia GTX660 card and an i3 processor. I have an issue with the prop disc in the Default C172 and also the pilot side door. I have un-ticked the prop texture in the Texture Editor window but the black disk still shows up in the aircraft model. The twin bladed 'at rest' prop is there also, this is the one that I would like to show in the static model. How do I stop the prop disk from showing?

My other problem is this, within FSX, using Instant Scenery, the pilot's side door displays as being displaced to the side and sitting vertically on the ground. This leaves an empty space where the door should be. I have not as yet tried placing the model with ADE. Has anyone else experienced this? The model displays perfectly when viewed in the MCX viewer within SAMM. I am hesitant to tinker with the xml settings.

Regards...Ken

gadgets

Resource contributor
Ken, the FSX stock C172 uses some strange techniques that SAMM is unable to handle. Suggest you find another C172 to convert.

Don

Hi Don.

Okay, thanks for the prompt reply, I appreciate it. The CIX vfr club uses the Cessna as a trainer and has a livery for it. I'll check whether another freeware model can be re-painted. I'm looking forward to working with SAMM.

Don...I don't wish to be a nuisance...but...I tried the FSX default Bell 206, we have a club livery for that also, and I cannot get rid of the tail rotor texture. I've un-ticked the two relevant ones as per the Texture Editor but there is still a circular texture showing in the tail rotor as seen in the MCX viewer. I've looked at all the textures in Tview but cannot see one that looks like the offending texture. Any ideas? I would like to have the tail rotor at rest.

Regards...Ken

Last edited:

gadgets

Resource contributor
Ken, the FS9 version is fine. Or, Henry Tomkiewicz's Cessna Single Props (payware by cheap) may still be available - somewhere. His site was closed down some time ago, but I recall seeing it on another (don't recall which) a while back.

Don

Hi Don, my apologies. I edited my first reply regarding the Cessna textures. I must have made the edit after your suggestion about the FS9 version or Henry's payware model.

I tried the FSX default Bell 206, we have a club livery for that also, and I cannot get rid of the tail rotor texture. I've un-ticked the two relevant ones as per the Texture Editor but there is still a circular texture showing in the tail rotor as seen in the MCX viewer. I've looked at all the textures in Tview but cannot see one that looks like the offending texture. Any ideas? I would like to have the tail rotor at rest.

Regards...Ken

gadgets

Resource contributor
No apology necessary. Yes, I get the same issue with the FSX Huey. The FS9 Huey is Ok, though. Also, I've successfully converted several of the 306s from Hovercontrol.

A number of FSX stock aircraft are problematic for SAMM. I've spend a great deal of time working those issues - to no avail. There's precious-little documentation available on FSX aircraft design and the developers of the FSX stock aircraft certainly seem to have exploited the development options.

Stick with FS9 aircraft and you shouldn't have any problems.
Don

Hey Don.

Okay, thanks again, I'll go away and have a nose around. Hi, Lane Street, thanks for the link. I appreciate it.

Regards...Ken