FSX FSX Tutorial 10 (Mission) landing trigger problem

Has anyone tried the FSX Tutorial 10 (Mission) "Helicopter Takeoff and Landing", and had problems with the landing trigger after the Timer has started? The first part of the Tutorial/Mission works fine - take off in the R22, fly through the hoops and land on the helipad. When I lift off from this helipad, the Timer starts and I get directed to the next helipad (Gate 6), but when I touch down on the helipad, the landing trigger doesn't appear to work - i.e. no sound effect and no re-direction to the next helipad (Gate 7).

I'm thinking that there may be something wrong with my FSX set up as I can't see a default mission having bugs in it - M.S. don't do that sort of thing, do they?!?

Any help or suggestions gratefully received - Thanks.

Cheers - Dai. :cool:

Horst18519

Staff member
Resource contributor
Those landing triggers are known to be a bit buggy. Try lifting off and land again, it should work.

Thanks, Thorsten - so you and others have found the same sort of problem and it may not be my FSX set up (which is always a possibility,eh?)

I get this problem, with helicopters anyway, nearly very time I put a 2nd Landing Trigger (L.T.) after a similar trigger - such as when you land at 1 helipad and then set a trigger to land at another. The 2nd L.T. doesn't work no matter how hard you try bumping up and down with repeated touch downs.

However, there might to be a work round this issue. If you insert a Proximity Trigger between the 1st Landing Trigger and before the 2nd, then the 2nd L.T. seems to operate correctly. The Prox Trigger doesn't do anything other than separate the 2 L.T.s., and the RectangleArea parameters have to be set for the 2nd L.T. Here's a screen shot of the Tutorial 10 mission (from Jim's FSXME) where a Prox Trigger has been inserted before the offending L.T.:

I'd be very interested if you or any other member could possibly try this and see if you get a similar 'improvement'.

Anyway, Thanks again for your quick reply.

Cheers - Dai. :cool:

Horst18519

Staff member
Resource contributor
I didn't have this issue, but it's been a long time since I did these things.
We used multiple landing triggers in the African Airstrip Adventures though and they failed rather seldom.

I have done that mission a few times, but never had a problem with the landing triggers. I'm using FSX Acceleration with Windows XP being my OS.

I have done that mission a few times, but never had a problem with the landing triggers. I'm using FSX Acceleration with Windows XP being my OS.
Thanks Both. I don't have a problem with the African mission (DC-3) but I do with Tutorial 10 (R22). So, when you say you didn't have a problem, it was with Tutorial 10, I guess. That would indicate an inconsistency with my FSX Accel + W7 set up, which is, of course, more than just a possibility.

CHeers - Dai. :cool: