• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSXA FSX Wave Animation?

Messages
520
Country
greece
Hello guys,

is there a way I can enable or activate or whatever.....the wave animation in FSX? Is there a default one?
Actually, as long as I remember myself using it, I never noticed any wave animations.......

I'm not talking about the wave layer rather than the waves that hit the shore.

Is there anything I can do?
 
Hi,

I am not sure if I understand your question. But you can define the wave at the coastline through SBuilderX. It is part of the vector terrain scenery.
 
Thanks for the help guys ;)

It's not a problem in a scenery that I'm creating, it is a general problem with my fsx, I never had shore wave animation.....
 
Waves are just effects and can be placed using xml:

Code:
</SceneryObject>
<SceneryObject
lat=" 54.49161722"
lon=" -0.61803993"
alt="0.0"
altitudeIsAgl="TRUE"
pitch="0.0"
bank="0.0"
heading="183.33594963"
imageComplexity="NORMAL">
<Effect
  effectName="UKVFRwavecontroller.fx"
/>

 
Thanks GHD,

where do I insert this piece of code?

Sorry I don't have the slightest idea about effects tweaking.......
 
where do I insert this piece of code?

You can't use that code directly. You need to create a new wave effect and add it using code similar to the above.

You could possibly use the default wavecontroller.fx and place it using similar code.
 
even the waves in FSX are just animated 2D images, would there be any point in wasting resorces to animate a 2D wave? if it was a 3D wave then brilliant. I just personally think that waves in FS are pointless for aslong as they are 2D
 
Back
Top