• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX_KML and Windows 7

Country
greenland
After I upgraded to Windows 7 RTM from Windows 7 beta, I can't run the FSX_KML.exe
When I try to specify the folder of the tools, I get this:

"Access violation at address 00615B04 in module 'FSX_KML.exe'. Read of address 00000000.

I have tried to start it as administrator etc.

Anyone have e good idea, how to fix this ?

Country
southafrica
Yes i also got Windows 7 Pro and i have the same problem,i think me must contact Matthew Styles of innovasoftware and here what he say - fsx_kml@innovasoftware.com

I will email him and let you know what he say.

Frits

MatthewS

Resource contributor
Country
australia
Unfortunately I don't have Windows 7 (yet) so I can't test.

But maybe you could try running it under the "XP Compatibility" mode. That might solve the problem?

Country
southafrica
Thanks Matthew but running in XP Compatibility mode dont work.

I still have a other pc with xp so i can still work.

Just to let you know for the future,when designers move to Windows 7.

Frits

MatthewS

Resource contributor
Country
australia
When I try to specify the folder of the tools, I get this:

"Access violation at address 00615B04 in module 'FSX_KML.exe'. Read of address 00000000.

You could edit the FSX_KML.INI file using notepad. It's in the windows directory.

You should see something similar to below (there are many other lines but I've just listed the FWToolsFolder for brevity).

Code:
[Options]
FWToolsFolder=C:\Program Files\FWTools

Country
southafrica
Thanks Matthew ,but there is just on problem i dont have a .ini file in windows folder or in my kml folder.

Can you upload the .ini file here and tell me the location it must be placed,I will edit the file myself,no problem there.

I also tell you if it works.

Frits

MatthewS

Resource contributor
Country
australia
Here's a copy of my FSX_KML.ini file, change the paths to suit your installation.

Not really sure where it should go under Windows 7 (maybe things have changed), I would just in the C:\Windows directory. Otherwise if that doesn't work try putting it in the same directory as the FSX_KML exe.

Code:
[Options]
FSXFolder=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X
TerrainSDKFolder=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Terrain SDK
BGLCompSDKFolder=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\BGL Compiler SDK
OutputFolder=C:\Matthew\Programming\Dot Net\OSM_TO_FSXKML\OSM_TO_FSXKML\bin\Debug\_FSXKML\Output
AutoReversePolygonHolePoints=1
RunSDKTools=1
CopySceneryToFSXAddonFolder=1

Country
southafrica
Thanks Matthew

It working fine after i edit the .ini file and put it in C:\Windows

Know i can work again

Thanks

Country
unitedkingdom
Help Please

Here's a copy of my FSX_KML.ini file, change the paths to suit your installation.

Not really sure where it should go under Windows 7 (maybe things have changed), I would just in the C:\Windows directory. Otherwise if that doesn't work try putting it in the same directory as the FSX_KML exe.

You seem to have helped the gentlemen by sending a copy of the FSX_KML.ini file. Unfortunately I do not know how to see your attachment.
Can you please help or send the file to my home e-mail.

Thanking you in advance.
Ron

Country
austria
Dear all,

be aware that win7 seems to store FSX_KML.INI into several places once you have opened a project. Changing the instance in c:\windows did not work for me for that reason - actually, the real ini file that was used by FSX_KML was located at

C:\User\<username>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Windows

on my machine. I'm running win7 ultimate 64

To Ron - MatthewS did not add an attachment, but placed the ini text into a code tag. Here it is as plain text:

----
[Options]
FSXFolder=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X
TerrainSDKFolder=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Terrain SDK
BGLCompSDKFolder=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\BGL Compiler SDK
OutputFolder=C:\Matthew\Programming\Dot Net\OSM_TO_FSXKML\OSM_TO_FSXKML\bin\Debug\_FSXKML\Output
AutoReversePolygonHolePoints=1
RunSDKTools=1
CopySceneryToFSXAddonFolder=1

----

hth
greetings
Cyana

Horst18519

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Unfortunately I also get a violation error (adress 00615B04). I use Win 7 porefessional 64bit and edited the ini at C:/Windows. Still the error stays allthough the paths lead to the right files now. There's no other ini to be found on my system.

Horst18519

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Ok, it is possible to edit the INI (had a stupid typo in it) and FSX KML runs fine if all paths are correct. You just get an error if you try to edit them in fsx kml. Still no idea why.
But work and compile works fine now.

BTW: Windows 7 professional 64bit uses the INI in C:/Windows.