• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v4 GaugeSound P3D V4

Hi
After converting the gauges to 64bits (following the recommendations here)
I made work well all my other gauges in the P3D V4.
However, after adding and compiling successfully the last gauge (the one which contains the sounds) the Prepar3D Crash.
I don't know if it is that P3D does not support the Gaugesound anymore (64bits issue) or it is by the code?

The gauges used to work pretty well in FSX and previous versions of the P3D.

Thank you
Mauricio

ddawson

Resource contributor
Country
canada
At one point I created a newer,replacement version of gaugesound.dll. I don't think it was widely distributed. Once I get set up to start updating some of my stuff I can look at doing this one in 64 bit.
The penalty for having asked this question will likely be finding a copy in your PM inbox to test.
No timeline yet. I only got P3D v4 installed last weekend.

Doug

JB3DG

Resource contributor
Country
southafrica
At one point I created a newer,replacement version of gaugesound.dll. I don't think it was widely distributed. Once I get set up to start updating some of my stuff I can look at doing this one in 64 bit.
The penalty for having asked this question will likely be finding a copy in your PM inbox to test.

Doug

Your lib is working nicely this side although the dll containing it is a bit different in appearance...

Country
us-wisconsin

Doug

Hi Doug,
Hope all is well with you. Is a replacement for DSD_XML_Sound.dll included in your future plans? Hope so.
Thanks for everything!
Roman

D

Deleted member 1281

+1 and the whole of the DDW (Digital Dakota Works) team, and its followers.

As you will know already, the L:FSVersion vars report P3D 4 as 0.0.0...

Cheers,
Manfred

PS. Also be happy to act as a tester.

Last edited by a moderator:
Country
france
Hi all,
I'm trying to compile in P3DV4 the gauges I've made for the RFN projects but I have some questions about "DSD_Sound_Gauge.gau" I used in my project.
Is the GaugeSound which this post is speaking about the same gauge than the one I used?
Does DSD_Sound_Gauge.gau need a 64bit version to work?

As my coding skill is very poor, I struggled a lot to get features like sound management in my gauges, so may be the solution I finally used is no longer recommanded...

regards,
Sylvain

ddawson

Resource contributor
Country
canada
Does DSD_Sound_Gauge.gau need a 64bit version to work?
Yes, it is a gauge like any other, so will need a 64 bit version. I didn't think anyone was using it.
I'll have a look.

Doug

Country
france
Hi Doug,
Thank you for your quick answer and for all your contibutions to the FS community in general!!
Before any work on this gauge, may be there is better solution to play sounds with a C++ gauge? What is the best way you should advice to me?

Regards,
Sylvain