• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Gmax Animations

Messages
3
Country
us-indiana
I have been creating a model of an aircraft, and I have arrived at the animation point. I have animated the landing gear and canopy, but I do not know if I need to animate the control surfaces. In my makemdl sdk document it has no animation key points listed for the 'L_Aileron' and 'R_Aileron'. It does, how ever, have key points for the 'Ailerons with Wires'. Is this a typo, or do I actually need to animate my confrol surfaces?

Andy
 
Since you mentioned makemdl.parts.xml it seems safe to assume you are building an FS9 model.

That being the case, you do not need to create key-frame animations for your control surfaces, since their partnames will assure animation automatically.

All you need concern yourself with is getting the axis properly aligned...
 
Back
Top