• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

GP Compile errors

Gaiiden

FSDevConf team
Country
unitedstates
Noticed three things when compiling GPs:

1) I can't get a clean compile with the second compile option. The error message is attached as is the AD3 file in which I am able to repeatedly generate this message

2) When I first tried to use the third compile option, I only put a value in the Line Visibility field (leaving the rest alone) and got a compile error. I wasn't able to get a clean compile with the third option until I filled out all fields like they were in the manual. After that I was able to compile clean with default values in some of the fields. Did not save this error message, unable to recreate since clean compile of option 3

3) When I compile with the third option now, if I clear the Group field value (we'll say it is set to 500) and the default "Airport" value gets used, the next time I go to compile the Group field has reverted back to the 500 value. If I change the value to 400 and recompile, the 400 is still there then next time I compiled but if I remove that for the default value, compile and bring up the compile options again, it's back to 400 for Group size. Both Visibility fields will properly remain at "Unlimited" if I remove their values and reload the compile window.

Also, in the manual at the end of Page 13 the explanation of Line Visibility seems to be cut off

Attachments

• KMMU_ADEX_DS_V1.ad3
    290 KB · Views: 356
  • GPerrCompileOpt2.png
    GPerrCompileOpt2.png
    40.2 KB · Views: 599

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Thanks for reporting these, Drew (Where were you during beta testing ;) )

I can duplicate the 1st issue and I do see a problem with the 3rd.

Re the 2nd, since ADE saves (sort of) the values in these field from one pass to the next, I have no way of knowing what was in the fields you didn't change. Do you recall?

I'll also update the manual.

Don

Gaiiden

FSDevConf team
Country
unitedstates
I had a contract with FranceVFR for airports last year and couldn't play around with any ADE/GP beta stuff unfortunately :) Had to stick with production releases so buggy beta wouldn't affect my delivery dates.

In regards to #2, it should be recreatable with a fresh install of ADE 1.6 I guess. If you load up a fresh install, draw down a line, and compile with the third option and only set the first Visibility field to something like "1000" you should get the error. The real problem seemed to be the initial default values were invalid until you input actual values - after which using the default values was okay

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Thanks for the additional info. I've found and fixed the first item. (It would seem you are the first to use it, cause the problem couldn't have been avoided unless the airport was at the North Pole.)

New release with all items fixed ASAP.

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I have just forwarded an updated .dll and user manual to Jon.

I found and fixed issues 1 and 3.

I was unable to reproduce issue 2. (I didn't try again until after I had fixed Issue 1. While the connection is not readily apparent, perhaps the change for issue 1 "fixed" issue 2 as well. But, as I reported earlier, I couldn't reproduce it when you initially reported it either. No combination I tried (and I think I tried them all) generates a compile error. I started with a "new" system each time as you suggested. If Issue 2 recurs for you, please try and remember exactly what was in each box.

Re the user manual, that was a .doc->.pdf conversion issue. The missing text was in the .doc file. I had to insert a hard page-break to make it appear in the .pdf. (It's nice that somebody actually has read the user manual. :) )

Don