• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v4 Ground friction

Country
us-ohio
Lockheed-Martin wants no hacks with v4 and on. None. We (developers) are expected to request that L-M provide access/developmental interface instead of hacking their code. Even Pete agreed to not do any hacking/injecting/etc.

Country
france
Lockheed-Martin wants no hacks with v4 and on. None. We (developers) are expected to request that L-M provide access/developmental interface instead of hacking their code. Even Pete agreed to not do any hacking/injecting/etc.
Hi WarpD

I read this kind of statement several times already, but never from LM source.
What is your source? Nothing as such in the SDK...

Country
us-ohio
I really don't recall any company ever putting 'please don't hack our code' in the SDK. LOL
It was a statement I read from Pete regarding why he didn't put the friction mod capability into v4 of FSUIPIC. It may have been stated in a forum location that is not open to the public. It was stated by Pete so... while that's not L-M... it's most definitely a reilable source.

Country
france
This is what I love about it. Tell your "developper base" you care about them, while you keep 90% of them away from the real scene...

Country
unitedkingdom
For those interested, the offset byte locations for p3d 4.2 start at 0014c490

braking values start at 0014d750

use hex editor neo, set your columns to 8 and the output to floating point

Last edited:
Country
netherlands
Hello,

I have sim1.dll version 4.1.7.22841.
any one who knows the ground friction code for this version?

thank you guys

Country
netherlands
never mind I already found it: for version 4.1.7.22841
it will be 00149640 braking friction for wheels on asphalt. I have put it on 0.3 instead of 0.5 ,,I think its a fair reconstruction of reality.

thank you

Country
brazil
Hi guys

Sorry to dig up this post, but the only reason I haven’t moved to P3D yet is the ground friction issue. With FSX and the previous versions we had the LUA module which allowed taxiing on idle. I’ve tried to follow all the posts above, but my knowledge is very limited on this matter.

So is it possible to make that happen in PD3v4 ? Since I have a 737 home cockpit, I don’t use PMDG, so I use the aircraft provided by the avionics software.

Thanks

Eduardo

Country
unitedkingdom
Hi guys

Sorry to dig up this post, but the only reason I haven’t moved to P3D yet is the ground friction issue. With FSX and the previous versions we had the LUA module which allowed taxiing on idle. I’ve tried to follow all the posts above, but my knowledge is very limited on this matter.

So is it possible to make that happen in PD3v4 ? Since I have a 737 home cockpit, I don’t use PMDG, so I use the aircraft provided by the avionics software.

Thanks

Eduardo

Are you a SimAvionics user? I may be able to help you if you migrate to p3d4.2, FWIW you wont regret it if you do and provided your PC is up to todays standards

Country
brazil
Are you a SimAvionics user? I may be able to help you if you migrate to p3d4.2, FWIW you wont regret it if you do and provided your PC is up to todays standards

Thanks for your answer.

Yes, I use Simavionics.
My pc is Jetline system’s GTX, pretty much high end for P3D.

I’d appreciate your help very much.

Regards
Eduardo

Country
unitedkingdom
5.2 bytes start at 0015d460

1623320832349.png

And these are the values I use with my modified airfiles 1506 to get accurate idle thrust/FB/breakaway thrust

1623323353791.png

Last edited: