Ground Poly GA Parking T's...

Hi Folks,

Wow - now Ground Polys work... I used the new feature to lay down some new lines - seems to work like a champ...

Quick question - is there a way to produce some parking T's in an efficient manner so they are easily reproduced in quantity ? I was able to make a T with two line segments but you can't copy and paste both segments at the same time... I guess I could create my own texture with the T already made on a single texture - then I still need to figure out how to add custom textures... I do have the manual - which is much appreciated...

Also - FYI - OBTW - I did a test GP with a border - and - crazy flickering occurred - without the border they seem to work fine...

Thanks so much for all you guys do !!!
:)

Regards,
Scott

Hi George,

I should have mentioned I'm one of the FS9 dinosaurs... In my test all I did was create an ashfault textured square surrounded by a dirt textured border - which caused intense flickering... I'll try again when I get a few moments...

Might I ask - how you came up with curved lines ??? I've managed to throw down some straight ones - but - I can't think of anyway to make them smoothly curved...

GP's - what a great addition to the ultimate Swiss Army Knife of scenery design... I can't get over how well this application gets documented - the manuals are a work of art beyond compare...

One other thing I've noticed with GP lines in FS9 - is that the line drawn in ADE seems off a bit from the actual position in FS9... It takes some fiddling to get them in the right spot... Not a gripe - just passing along an observation...

Thanks,
Scott

Last edited:

gadgets

Resource contributor
Scott, please send me the AD3 file that contains the flickering border so I can investigate. Attach to a post or e-mail to don at stuff4fs dot com.

FS9 uses a flat-earth model while FS9 uses curved earth. This may be responsible for slight mis-positioning at distance from the ARP, but there should be no visible error close to the ARP. Scott, what are you using as a reference?

Don

Hi George,

Great - something new to try - appreciate the tip - sir...

Hi Don,

Will do - I'll post my WIP ADE file here tonight... As for the line reference - I was lining my GP Line up with the taxiway edge line from an adjacent taxiway... It will be in the file I post - but - the line had to be significantly displaced in ADE to make it line up in FS9...

Thanks !!!

Regards,
Scott

Hi Folks,

As requested...

I can't recreate the flickering now - arrgh... I tried replicating the flashing issue by putting a GP on both the apron and then on just my "resampled" photo cover... No luck... Now I have a different issue - even though I specify a border - the border is not visible at all...

This file also contain an example of the displacement required to get the Line GP to line up with the existing taxiway edge lines...

Thanks for looking...

Regards,
Scorr

Attachments

gadgets

Resource contributor
Problem with opening you file last night resolved. The file-type somehow got changed to ".php" during the download process. Once I changed it back to .ad3, I was able to open it.

Now, on to your difficulties.

I can't recreate the flickering now
That flickering may have been due to some little issue with your video card. (This is not the first time it has happened). The display is rock-solid for me.

the border is not visible at all
Its OK for me. Are you sure you had the both textures in your texture folder? If so, perhaps its another video-card issue.

This file also contain an example of the displacement required to get the Line GP to line up with the existing taxiway edge lines...
I can see what you are referring to. But, the taxiway edge lines drawn on the ADE display are not intended to accurately reflect the position at which they will be rendered by FlightSim; they are representative only. For example, if you look at the corners of the taxiway, ADE has drawn those corners, both the taxiway and the associated lines, as a series of straight lines connected by short curves whereas in FlightSim, they are smooth curves. Also, on the ADE display, the edge lines are drawn exactly at the edge of the taxiway while, in FlightSim, taxiway edge lines are drawn inset from the edge of the "pavement".

Don

Hi Don,

Thanks for taking the time - yeah - none of its a biggie... I'll check my textures and see if that help me...

Hah - on a side note - I took a gander at some of those fine sceneries you made on your site... Very nice work - sir - and - here I thought you were just a tool guy...

I'll have to play around with my initial request and see if I can't figure out a quick way to stamp the pavement with some parking tees... I just downloaded the latest beta with the installer - thanks Jon...

Regards,
Scott