• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FS2004 Ground tile ratio

Messages
1,043
Country
us-northcarolina
Hi,

What would be a good/average ground tile pixel to dimension ratio?
I.e. 1024/xxx meters or x pixel/meter.

I just made one at 1024 pix for 200 meters (5.12 pix/m) and it looks way too sharp. I'm wondering if I'm not wasting.

Thanks
 
Hi,

It depends on the amount of detail you want (and probably on the imagery you have to put on). If you want it to be sharp enough while taxing, especially if you also want put some markings in the tiles, then having 20 to 10 cm is quite common. But you need to balance it with the amount of textures that need to be loaded.
 
20 pix per 10 cm...holy cow :eek:

Do I understand correctly:
- 1024 / 20 *10 = 5.12m per tile
- medium size airport 3000 m x 1600 m
- 586 tiles in length and 312 in width
- total 182,832 tiles

I must be missing something :confused:
 
Hi,

No, I said resolution between 10 and 20 cm per pixel. So that is about 100 to 200 meter for a 1024 texture. But like I said it really depends on the type of airport you are making and the amount of detail you want.
 
LMAO...thanks Arno, once more I misunderstood something.
200m per tile with Google Earth images seems pretty good.
 
Back
Top