- Messages
- 1,468
- Country

I am trying to interpret %MAC into the required take off setting for Tail Plane Incidence.
So some questions!! This first image is from AirWrench. Does fuelled CoG represent empty weight+full fuel? Or fully loaded+full fuel?
Therefore is Loaded CoG max payload without fuel?
On the basis that they do I did some calculations which seemed to fit but I can't be certain.
The next problem is to convert the difference between the calculated %mac and empty %mac. In this case 5.9 inches. So now I have to calculate the required TPI.
You can see here that 0 representing 28.56%mac is 3.7 degrees incidence. Whereas 5.9 inches represents 4.5 degrees incidence. I'm assuming that is correct or should it be 3.1 degrees? When flying the model anything above 3.8 causes a snatched rotation. So I'm guessing that the settings in the sim may be different to real life.
Any ideas welcome.
Ps The calculations that I come to provide a similar control column load for rotation at all weights.
So some questions!! This first image is from AirWrench. Does fuelled CoG represent empty weight+full fuel? Or fully loaded+full fuel?
Therefore is Loaded CoG max payload without fuel?
On the basis that they do I did some calculations which seemed to fit but I can't be certain.
The next problem is to convert the difference between the calculated %mac and empty %mac. In this case 5.9 inches. So now I have to calculate the required TPI.
You can see here that 0 representing 28.56%mac is 3.7 degrees incidence. Whereas 5.9 inches represents 4.5 degrees incidence. I'm assuming that is correct or should it be 3.1 degrees? When flying the model anything above 3.8 causes a snatched rotation. So I'm guessing that the settings in the sim may be different to real life.
Any ideas welcome.
Ps The calculations that I come to provide a similar control column load for rotation at all weights.

