P3D v4 How to stop grass from causing crashes?

Hi all, I'm no developer but just wondering how to stop grass from causing crashes when landed on? Is it a simple fix or something a dev needs to run their eyes over?

Andrew

=rk=

Resource contributor
In normal configuration, a properly equipped aircraft can land and take off from unimproved surfaces, including grass. Since the situation seems unique, there's not enough information to determine the simplicity of the fix.

dave hoeffgen

Resource contributor
in case you mean 3D grass make sure the models are NoCrash. It can either be specified when exporting the model or as a placement option.

I think it's something for someone with dev skills... I dont think I have the know how or software to delve in and change things. Yeah I mean 3D Grass, it looks great but seems to have a crash box around wherever it's placed. Stray onto areas of 3D grass, crash/reset... It would be nice to fix it but the other solution is to just use it with detect crashes off.

dave hoeffgen

Resource contributor
I think it's something for someone with dev skills... I dont think I have the know how or software to delve in and change things. Yeah I mean 3D Grass, it looks great but seems to have a crash box around wherever it's placed. Stray onto areas of 3D grass, crash/reset... It would be nice to fix it but the other solution is to just use it with detect crashes off.
It's much easier than you apparently think.
Depending on which software you use it is just one checkbox you need to tick.
What do you use for modeling and placement? Maybe I can tell you where that checkbox is.

It's much easier than you apparently think.
Depending on which software you use it is just one checkbox you need to tick.
What do you use for modeling and placement? Maybe I can tell you where that checkbox is.
I don't think he's a developer though.

Can easily be fixed with ModelConverterX, by importing the grass model, then set the nocrash option to be "True" under exporter settings. Nocrash can also be set for each model if using Airport Design Editor.

I'm creating simple models in Sketchup (*.DAE). Then using the klatest version of ModelConverterX to adjust and convert and then place the object. The export scenery as a *.BGL file. This works very well. But, when I try to use the NoCrash (True) it's not in the P3D v4 section, it's in the *.MDL Writer section. It doesn't appear to work.

I apologize for butting in, but I did a search on the NoCrtash P3D v4 and this discussion came up.

Mark Self

If you don't want to get into correcting the models themselves through MCX, another option is to tick ignore crashes and damages in p3d settings.