• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

ICAO not recognized

Country
france
Good morning all,

With the old simulators of tools like AFX, AF170 which I have the licenses we could create fictitious airports and inject the designed bgls into a scene. But here with FS2020 it's another story, I'm not very out of place in the design but there are small things that do not work.
Here, I created with the SDKs of FS2020 an airport with ICAO and some runway elements (star, vasi etc ..)
The file is well compiled, the scene is well saved in the right place, and the directory of this scene is copied into "Community" the xml includes all the airport, runway, exclusion polygon data etc ...

At the launch of fs2020 the ICAO is not recognized, and the runway does not appear, a placed object is recognized.

Did I forget something, a little help could help me with all my thanks in advance, I'm waiting for your advice

cordially

(Translate with Google)

Bonjour à tous,

Avec les anciens simulateurs des outils comme AFX, AF170 dont j'ai les licences nous pouvions créer des aéroports fictifs et injecter les bgl conçus dans une scène. Mais voilà avec FS2020 c'est une autre histoire, je ne suis pas très dépaysé dans la conception mais il y a des petites choses qui ne marchent pas.
Voilà, j'ai créé avec les SDK de FS2020 un aéroport avec OACI et quelques éléments de piste (star, vasi etc..)
Le fichier est bien compilé, la scène bien sauvegardée au bon endroit, et le répertoir de cette scene copier dans "Community" le xml comprend bien toutes les données aéroport, piste, polygone d'exclusion etc...

Au lancement de fs2020 l'OACI n'est pas reconnue, et la piste n'apparaît pas, un objet placé est reconnu.

Ai-je oublié quelque chose, un petit coup de pouce pourrait bien me venir en aide avec par avance tous mes remerciements j'attends vos conseils

Cordialement

(Texte original)

Country
unitedkingdom
Bonjour!

is it possible that the ICAO you are attempting to use has already been used in the Sim?

Asobo have allocated fictitious ICAO to airfields that didn’t have any.

If you check the sim first, and do a search for the ICAO you have created (even though it does not exist in the real world) Asobo may have used it. We are finding this quite often.

Country
france
thank you for your quick reply

I have verified that the ICAO is not present in the simulation, neither in the world nor with flighsim commander in the fsx, prepared3d databases, there is no trace. I will start again with a new one.

Where can we find the database of the simulation, I searched in all the trees and certain files with notepade ++ no trace of any given

My OAICI is: LFBQ

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Merci de votre réponse rapide

J'ai bien vérifié que l'OACI n'est pas présente dans le simu, ni dans le monde ni avec flighsim commander dans les databases fsx, prépar3d, il n'y a aucune trace. Je recommancerai avec une nouvelle.
Ou peut on trouver le database du simu, j'ai recherché dans toutes les arborescences et certains ficniers avec notepade++ aucune trace d'une quelconque donné

Mon OAICI est: LFBQ

Country
unitedkingdom
I am not sure if it’s accessible as I believe it may be stored in the Windows Store directory which isn’t accessible.
I could be wrong.
Would you be able to share a zip file of airport?

Country
france
Ok no worries, I'll start from the beginning and I'll share my zip file with you.

For us it's lunchtime I'll do this again and give you the file

Thank you again for helping me

cordially

Serge

Ok pas de soucis, je recommence depuis le début et je vous partagerais mon fichier en zip.
Pour nous il est l'heure de déjeuner je refais ceci après et vous donnerai le fichier
Encore un grand merci de m'apporter votre aide

Cordialement

Serge

Country
france
Hello again xr219,

Here I am back, I remade this airport with the ICAO code: FSER, the result is the same code step to retrieve the airport. Here is the positioning of it lat: 47.811317 long: 2.417948

I attach my file: LesBordes.zip

On the other hand and without abusing your kindness if you had an airport of your own, I would like to have it as an example to check where I am making mistakes.

Thanks again

(translate Google)
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rebonjour xr219,

Me voilà de retour, j'ai refait cet aéroport avec le code OACI: FSER, le résultat est le même pas de code pour récupérer l'aéroport. Voici le positionnement de celui-ci lat: 47.811317 long: 2.417948

Je vous joins mon fichier

D'autre part et sans abuser de votre gentillesse si vous aviez un aéroport de votre cru, j'aimerais l'avoir comme exemple pour vérifier où je fais des erreurs.

Encore merci

Serge

Country
unitedkingdom
Hi Serge,
I’m out with my family at the moment but I can send you a link when I get home, I’ll be 3-4 hours.

Country
france
OK no worries, in the meantime I will continue my research, good family reunion.
@ ++

Country
unitedkingdom
Hi Serg, Sorted it. The info for the location was in the wrong place. I took some of it out, see below:-

This is the original:-
XML:
<Airport region="Centre " country="Loiret" state="France" city="Les_Bordes_Village" name="Les Bordes" ident="FSER"

And this is the working code:-
Code:
<Airport region="Centre" city="Les_Bordes_Village" name="Les Bordes" ident="FSER"

If you include France, it should go in country=France I think.

Country
france
Good evening,

I will test your modification, on the other hand I think I have some problems with the SDKs because I can no longer place any object, I will uninstall them then reinstall,

I'll keep you posted, thank you again

Bonsoir,
Je vais tester votre modification, d'autre part je pense à avoir des soucis avec les SDK car je n'arrive plus à placer aucun objet, je vais les désinstaller puis réinstaller,
je vous tiens au courant, encore merci

Country
france
Hello,

Help, I can no longer place any object, my fs20 is brand new, the newly downloaded and installed sdks, wearing a few days ago everything was functional, the object placement mode is followed to the letter as I was doing it before, I was super happy, I'm a little discouraged, I really don't know what to do anymore, I don't understand, I'm going to start again from the base and start again pff !!!! If a charitable soul could give me a little bit of a .zip scene (just a placed object) to find out if it comes from the SDKs or from FS20.

With all my thanks in advance

Serge

(With Google translate)

Bonjour,

Au secours, je n'arrive plus à placer aucun objet, mon fs20 est tout neuf, les sdk nouvellement téléchargés et installés, portant il y a quelques jours tout était fonctionnel, le mode de placement d'objet est suivit à la lettre comme je le faisais auparavant, j'étais super heureux, je suis un peu découragé, je ne sais vraiment plus quoi faire, je ne comprend pas je vais reprendre de nouveau depuis la base et recommencer pff!!!! Si une âme charitable pouvait me donner un petit bout de scène en .zip (juste un objet placé) pour savoir si cela vient des SDK ou de FS20.
Avec par avance tout mes remerciements

Serge

Country
unitedkingdom
Hi Serge,

This is your project with the fix i put in last night so that it appears when you search. Its working in my sim and SDK.

Hope it helps.

LesBordes

Country
france
Unable to search for the ICAO "FSER" there are no results (0 search), at the planned location of the airport nothing appears, I have the impression that these my sim which has problems .

oaci.JPG

However, by relaunching in developer mode everything is present
Do you know how we can clear the cache at Microsoft because at launch it takes the old configurations?
Thank you again for your patience

Serge.

Impossible de rechercher l'ICAO "FSER" il n'y a aucun résultat (recherche 0), a l’emplacement prévu de l'aéroport rien n'apparait, j'ai bien l'impression que ces mon simu qui a des problèmes.

Pourtant en relançant en mode développeur tout est présent

Savez-vous comment pouvons nous effacé le cache chez Microsoft car lors du lancement il reprend les anciennes configurations

Encore merci pour votre patience
Serge

Country
scotland
Hi Folks

Serge -
FSER == Your airport's IDENT

Simmers entering the IDENT FS??
will expect to start in the INDIAN OCEAN, as -
F??? == Africa - ICAO REGION
FS?? == Seychelles

region == Global ICAO Region, see ICAO region/country maps
country == Country, (political entity)
state == State (subdivision of country)
city == City/Town/Village
name == Name of this airport

For your airport's latlon coordinates,
the appropriate IDENT begins -
L??? == Europe - Southern ICAO REGION
LF?? == France - ICAO Nationality Codes

I don't have FS2020
and don't know FS2020's unused airports Codes.

More appropriate airport info would be -
region == Europe
country == France
state == *** Centre OR Centre-Val de Loire
city == Les Bordes
name == your airport's name, e.g. Farmer Gile's back field

*** state -
What do other local FS2020 default airports use ?
- LFOZ - Orléans – Saint-Denis-de-l'Hôtel Airport
- LFOJ - Orléans-Bricy Air Base

HTH
ATB
Paul

Country
france
Thanks for the advice, I will make the changes., I will come back to give you the results

For GHD, yes I copied as usual in the correct Community directory

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Merci pour les conseils, je vais faire les modifications., je reviens pour vous donner les résultats

Pour GHD, oui j'ai bien recopié comme d'habitude dans le bon répertoire Community

Country
france
Thank you, Thank you GHD for taking the time to test and create this post, so it does not come from my sdk, but a story of the path and to see my creation at home is great, on the other hand it does not is that of the test the airport is not finalized.

I had created a FS2020 directory at installation time with the "Community" and "Official" directory that were created during installation and those under \ user \ app \ Loacal \ Packages \ Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe \ etc are empty, so I tested in both by removing each time the one not being used, the result is always negative

cordially

Serge

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Merci, Merci GHD d'avoir pris le temps de tester et de créée ce post, cela ne proviens donc pas de mon sdk, mais bien une histoire de chemin et de voir ma création chez vous c'est super, par contre ce n'est que du test l’aéroport n'est pas finalisé.

J'avais créé un répertoire FS2020 au moment de l'installation avec celui "Community" et "Official" qui ont été créé au moment de l'installation et ceux sous \user\app\Loacal\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\ etc sont vides, j'ai donc testé dans les deux en supprimant à chaque fois celui ne servant pas, le résultat est toujours négatif

Cordialement

Serge

Last edited: