• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

ILS Not Showing Up!

Country
us-illinois
Just designed a simple airport (latest version FS Architect) with taxiways, large ramps and large hanger style buildings. The buildings are off by about 30 degrees heading and the ILSs (4) do not show up. NDB shows up fine. Anyone else have this problem, and if there is no way around the ILS problem, is there a design program where I can just add navaids? I am designing for FS9. Thanks in advance.
Jeff

Use the AFCAD utility for adding a ILS but remember the runway owns the ILS and not ATC.

That means only the User Plane will lock onto the ILS by way of the radio panel. ATC does not know a ILS exsit so your airport is not fully functional if weather falls to IMC conditions.

There must be a companion Approach code written for ATC to understand a ILS exsit.

Country
us-illinois
ILS Not Showing Up

I appreciate your quick response Jim. Will try Afcad. I don't suppose u know why the ILS did not show up in my FS Architect file? As u can tell I do not design much. It would be much easier to just get the ILS already compiled with my original design to show up in FS 2004 with FS Architect. I predict it will be tricky to get it to align with existing runway using Afcad. Thanks.
Jeff

I can't comment on FS Architect because I have never used it.

Maybe someone else will chime in here and help out. I know Arno would but he is gone at the moment.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

I don't use FsArchitect as well, so I am not exactly sure why the ILS does not show. It could be that FsArchitect does not use the XML code to make the ILS. But that is just guessing.

Country
us-illinois
Thanks for your help. Afcad worked just fine. You could all teach me alot.
Jeff