• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

I'm working on scenery... (2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello.

We are a small new group and plan a new edition of some airports in Greece over the next 2 years. Later, airports in Turkey and Germany (East) can follow. For that to make sense, it is important to know if someone else is already working on projects or has already completed them.

- LGMT Airport
- LGIK Airport
- LCEN Airport

We know that there is currently a great demand for Greek airports, so we will try to make them as good as possible. Photos have already been taken, we have support from the airport operators and can move there. The airports are prepared as payware and created for the following simulations: X-Plane, FSXACC/FSX:SE, P3D1-4. Priority is given to X-Plane.

S. Gaudera

LGMT and LGIK are already available for FSX/P3D and LCEN is in the works @ simmershome.de
The sceneries are freeware but have payware quality.

Mr. Jencas!

We can not find a link to these freeware scenerys. Please give us a link to this so that we can look at this freeware scenery to make a decision. Thank you!

S. Gaudera

Hi,

Just started work on:
Västerås flygplats (Vesteras airport) in Sweden for FSX and P3Dv4.
ICAO: ESOW.
Photoreal including parts of the town of Västerås, all buildings, bridges, etc. from photo's taken on the spot!
Unless you are a Ryanair fan there is (at the moment) not much other scheduled commercial traffic around though except some charter flights mostly in summer time.
But...there is a lot of GA traffic including heli flight training.
And there is of course the world famous museum with its still more famous Flight Simulator :cool:.
If things turn out all right, expect the scenery to become available before the end of the century :);).

Cheers, skål, proost,

RC Design

Good! We tried everything, but the developer does not respond to our request. If you can only have a scenerie with a fingerprint or DNA sample, or you have to apply for it, then that's too much of a good thing.

The decision has been made, we are redeveloping the mentioned airports. Sorry!
I have over 6000 members, 45% of them international from all over the world.
You can always reach me via mail and I also answer any mail. I can not find any news from you. Everyone may of course develop what he wants

Hello.

We are a small new group and plan a new edition of some airports in Greece over the next 2 years. Later, airports in Turkey and Germany (East) can follow. For that to make sense, it is important to know if someone else is already working on projects or has already completed them.

- LGMT Airport
- LGIK Airport
- LCEN Airport

We know that there is currently a great demand for Greek airports, so we will try to make them as good as possible. Photos have already been taken, we have support from the airport operators and can move there. The airports are prepared as payware and created for the following simulations: X-Plane, FSXACC/FSX:SE, P3D1-4. Priority is given to X-Plane.

S. Gaudera

LGMT you find here:

https://simmershome.de/lgmt-mytilene-airport/

LGIK you find here:

https://simmershome.de/lgik-ikaria-airport/

LCEN is in progress and will be released in fall 2018

https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/simmershome-cyprus-airports.441899/page-3#post-798664

My Website has a button above and you can translate the content in every lanquage

Further you find there for Germany (East ) : ETNL, EDOP, EDAQ, EDAU, EDAB , EDAY, EDAZ, EDDI from me.

There are better goals for a new company, but in the end you have to decide that. I never develop at an airport (whether freeware or payware), which has already made another appealing.
I call that life and let it live

At this time all airports will be converted for X-Plane 11. Released is ETNL XP, EDOP XP, EDAY XP and EDAZ XP. The other folllow complete until spring 2019, also the Greece Airports

Last edited:
Continue working on my UUOO Project.
I'm making phototerrain now. Not finishing yet.
PS7.jpgP3D43.jpg

Last edited:
In winter 2018/2019 I would like to develop the airport Malta international for P3D v4. Please let me know if another team is already working on it. As always, the airport will be freeware.

Hi all.

I have been busy with creating global water polygons. There are a few readily available sources. For FSX and P3d there are the really good ORBX vector files. You're not going to get much better than that. For earlier versions ( CFS2, FS2002, FS2004), The options are fewer.

Up to now, the standard is to use Open Street Map data. But there is a problem with water polys in the northern latitudes. OSM depends on folks entering the data to it's database. In the case of Canada, adding all the lakes and river polys would be nearly impossible. Canada has an estimated 60% of all the world's lakes, and rivers only add to the amount of surface water.
Here's a picture of LOD5 1709 in OSM:

1709_OSM.png

Note the cutoff of the water polys above Yellow Knife. This is typical of the OSM data in much of Canada.

But not all is lost. There is a source of imagery of the world's water derived from Landsat images. Global Surface Water is a set of images made from processing 30 years of data. It's available in several formats. I've been playing with this for some time, making shapefiles using the images, potrace, QGIS and ogr2ogr. I think I'm on the right track:

1709_GSW.png

This gets a few more lakes and rivers. I hope to host some of these polys and their associated shorelines in the near future. For CFS2 through FS2004, the polys may need to be simplified and small polys culled. Online, MapShaper may be a good tool for this. To import to SBuilder 2004, we can use mapedit to create merge inner rings, and create ".mp" files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back