FSX Impossible to exclude landmarks?

I'm trying to make a photo scenery for Easter Island.
I managed to place the photoreal and the mesh correctly as well as the coastlines, but the default moai statues still show randomly around the island and in the sea.
I tried to exclude them with ADE but without success.
What should I do to make them disappear?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Question is what kind of objects they are. Then you can make the right type of exclude.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Usually by looking at them and seeing to which scenery slider they respond. I expect they are not autogen but xml placed.

Usually by looking at them and seeing to which scenery slider they respond. I expect they are not autogen but xml placed.
I bet they are too. How can I exclude them then? Possibly without touching some important scenery BGLs?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Have you tried making an xml exclude? You tried with ADE already, but you didn't mention what type of exclude.

Have you tried making an xml exclude? You tried with ADE already, but you didn't mention what type of exclude.
It's complicated. I tried:
-Exclusion rectangle set on ALL
-Terrain exclusion for autogen. This is bad because it creates a huge space of land in the middle of the ocean just east of the island and if I set Flatten Exclude Autogen the sea around gets higher as if the island is below 0m MSL.
Therefore none of them works. How do XML's work? I never worked with them