• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Installing Object Libraries

Messages
42
Country
southafrica
Hi all,

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place or if this has been asked before, I did a small search but couldn't find much.

What i'm looking for is just a bit of advice. What do you reckon is the best way for installing object libraries. Should you dump them into one big object library file, or maybe add separate folders from different authors / developers?

And also what priority should the libraries be, higher than addon scenery or lower?

I'm asking the questions because i've been having Texture problems of late and was wondering if an overhaul of the object library structure might help.

Thanks

Jason
 
I keep all the third party object libraries in one folder structure in Addon Scenery. I call it static object Library (comes from what Rwy12 called it). Two sub folders scenery and texture. All the bgl object libraries go into scenery and all the textures go into texture.
 
I also keep all of my object libraries in a folder called "Static Object Libraries" with subfolders "Scenery" and "Texture". I find that much easier to keep track of that separate folders by author or category.

Bob S
 
Back
Top