P3D v4 Issues with LCXML

Hello developers,

Here is the issue I face with LCXML even after downloading the last version and assigning the correct paths of the last SDK.
I open an .xml library file created and exported with LCXML for P3DV4.4 before. I have used this file and the respective .bgl with no problems so far.

I deleted one of the entries (MTB.mdl) and tried to add the same .mdl that now has PBR material (added and exported through MCX). I get the message that the .mdl I add is not the same version with the other .mdls included in the file. I opened again all the other .mdl files and exported them again with MCX to make sure that I used the P3DV4.4 compiler. The problem remains.
So it seemed that I can't add an .mdl file with PBR material along with .mdls with no PBR materials.

After that I tried to compile this single .mdl file with LCXML. There was no luck. The file will not be compiled to .bgl.

So it seems that I can't compile files with this tool if they have PBR material assigned.

All the .mdls I created are correctly compiled with MCX to .bgl as separate files. Moreover, the .xml file that LCXML creates is correctly compiled with compilehelper to .bgl even if it contains a combination of bgls with or without PBR materials.

Does anybody else faces the same issue?

Thanks,
Happy and creative 2020!!

-=Manwlo=-

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

It might be Library Creator XML is more strict then needed when checking for the mdl version. If bglcomp can combine PBR and non PBR files in one library I should modify the tool to also allow this.

Hi,

It might be Library Creator XML is more strict then needed when checking for the mdl version. If bglcomp can combine PBR and non PBR files in one library I should modify the tool to also allow this.
Just to write again that the tool could not compile a single .mdl with pbr material or multiple .mdls with pbr materials either.
I could not make it work at all when using PBR material

Regards,

-=Manwlo=-

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
OK, let me check that is going on there.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

Which version of Library Creator XML are you using? I just tried to make a library with a PBR object in the latest version and that one compiles fine.

The tool is indeed to strict when it comes to checking the versions. I noticed that I can make a library that contains FSX, P3D v2 and P3D v4 (including PBR) objects mixed. I will modify the tool to allow that as well.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
I have made the change in Library Creator XML now, so the next development release will allow different MDL versions to be mixed (FSX and higher versions only). The BGLComp compiler is chosen based on the highest version used.