• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Kit's Meteor PR19a

Melo965

Resource contributor
Messages
118
Country
us-washington
Hello Everyone,

Here is the current snapshot of my Meteor PR19a that was mentioned in the Working on Aircraft 2017 thread.



Just getting back into modelling it after a while. And I may do a lot of re-working of what has already been done, based on the excellent Milton Shupe Gmax video tutorials that I am working my way through. Just getting to the meat of the series, part way through video #9 on building the fuselage now. :)

Thanks in advance for any sage advice you have to offer.
It is great to have such an encouraging and supportive community!
 
Last edited:
I don't want the title of this post to be misleading. This is my Gmax project, but the actual aircraft was created by a good friend of mine in the UK.
 
Making some slow but steady progress now after completing all 47 of Milton Shupe's Gmax video tutorials.

The red version is where I was before the videos, the blue version is where I am now. :-)

View attachment 33793
 
Hello Melo!

Looking good already; if you need help, just let me know. I am sure we can manage ;)

All the best,
Sergio Kauffman.
 
Sergio,

Do you have a specialty when it comes to building aircraft? Better at texturing, or gmax, or flight dynamics, or animation, or the whole thing?
 
Hi Melo

Well, I am a beginner. I can modestly say that I learned a little bit of everything; however, flight dynamics are way off my skills.
I can manage myself fairly well in Gmax because I need it to do all animations and export the model into FS9.

Basically I work in 3ds max because I am able to work faster than using Gmax; for example, it is a helluva lot easier to unwrap and create wireframe templates required for testing and design textures. Also, modeling is more friendly.

In the "sound system department" I can do a decent job. I've worked with our dear friends George Arana, Tom Woods and Nate Rosentrauch and they haven't complained yet... :scratchch :scratchch :scratchch

For texturing I use Photoshop; in this last item, my skills are also questionable. :duck: :duck: :duck:

On a side note, I've never built an aircraft; I like to do rotorcraft. Nowadays I am doodling and messing around with an open source model.

Cheers,
Sergio.
:wave:
 
Hi Sergio,

Been away on a work trip, just got back tonight.

I am also a beginner. Especially learning all the new tools and processes that are available these days. I did do a Flight Shop Spitfire with a friend back in 2000 though. We published it for FS98. Before that project, I got started with adjusting flight dynamics. For our Spitfire, I did the Flight Shop modeling and flight dynamics, and texturing. My friend did the moving parts, and I got permission from another person to borrow most of his 2D-fighter panel, and convert it for my PR aircraft. And another person let me use his sound files.

This time around I am trying to do it all myself, and it is pretty amazing how far the hobby has come with complexity and realism. Looking forward to getting back into Gmax tomorrow now that the work trip is over.
 
This time around I am trying to do it all myself, and it is pretty amazing how far the hobby has come with complexity and realism. Looking forward to getting back into Gmax tomorrow now that the work trip is over.

Looking forward to see you work! I am darn sure it will be awesome.
Happy modeling my friend.
Sergio.
 
Back
Top