• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v5 KPGD Punta Gorda

Country
netherlands
No, I was placing them in one file but using Instant Scenery 3 but I've been placing them one by one just in one file.So I decided to export all the lights using 3ds max and MCX, then the distance was improved.

Oh I see, they are still in one file but you place them with 3DSMax and MCX, exporting them directly as one file, rather then placing them in Instant Scenery 3..?

I export my model and use the attachpoint LOD method. Then use SimDirector to place individually.
Sounds good. I was considering using ADE, but I recon SimDirector might be a little easier, so you can see the actual scenery. Also, KPGD is looking good! Love what you did with the taxiway sign's light splash!

Country
macedonia
Oh I see, they are still in one file but you place them with 3DSMax and MCX, exporting them directly as one file, rather then placing them in Instant Scenery 3..?

Sounds good. I was considering using ADE, but I recon SimDirector might be a little easier, so you can see the actual scenery. Also, KPGD is looking good! Love what you did with the taxiway sign's light splash!
Exactly

Country
unitedstates
rdukjYS.png

Country
unitedstates
I just started with ADE this week and I can see I am going to enjoy this! I am amazed by your work and am googling the things you guys talk about as we speak. My first airport to cut my teeth on is KVNC, about 30mi north (where I live).

Been to PGD for the airshows over the years. Took my kids many times. Flew on the B-17 "909" that came to Venice every year. I love aviation so much I wonder why I retired as a plumbing contractor!

Thank you for the inspiration to dive into this hobby! All the best to you and yours.

Country
unitedstates
I just started with ADE this week and I can see I am going to enjoy this! I am amazed by your work and am googling the things you guys talk about as we speak. My first airport to cut my teeth on is KVNC, about 30mi north (where I live).

Been to PGD for the airshows over the years. Took my kids many times. Flew on the B-17 "909" that came to Venice every year. I love aviation so much I wonder why I retired as a plumbing contractor!

Thank you for the inspiration to dive into this hobby! All the best to you and yours.

I appreciate the kind words. If there is anything you need please don't hesitate to ask. I started off knowing really nothing about scenery design and became knowledgeable over trial and error. It probably doesn't help that I am a perfectionist when it comes to modeling and textures. :rotfl:

Country
macedonia
Looks very nice, I like the details you did :) Just take a look over the car park texture, I think it's too repetitive, maybe make some dirt over :)

Country
us-arizona
Looking seriously good Ryan, giving me lots of inspiration to keep grinding away, so much to do and learn.

Country
unitedstates
Currently working on the terminal more that's why the previews are slowing a bit. But here is one more of this beautiful ground texture you'll find in the scenery.

Y1smoVq.jpg